You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Wrestling thread

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Not WWF related but another murder that was swept under the rug was when Bruiser Brody was murdered in the locker room. I think someone might have been charged(dont remember) but we'll never get the full story on that.

It was a wrestler called Invader # 1 that did it. He got away with it after almost everyone that was supposed to testify refused to show up (death threats), allegedly because of Carlos Colon the promoter. Some that supposedly were willing only got the subpoena after the trial was finished. Invader was acquitted claiming he was defending himself, despite entering a shower with a knife. Colon testified at the trial.

Afterwards they ran wrestling angles in their promotion exploiting Brody's death.

It's a crazy story. fyi Carlos Colon got inducted into the WWE hall of fame this year.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Is anyone here really bored with Seth Rollins and his constant boring promos to start out shows?  It's the same ol crap (kinda like 2002-2005 era HHH) and he nearly bored me to death with that promo at the end of the show a few weeks ago (the one where Sting showed up).

AtariLegend wrote:

It's a 3 hour show every fucking week, what else are they going to do to fill time? They even do it on 50% of PPV's now.

I really don't like the fact that Sting's probably going to lose tonight again and never win a match in WWE, though I'd dislike it even worse if he won it... just to pass it to Sheamus.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

HHH single handedly has destroyed WWE. It's no coincidence the ratings plummeted after Punk left. I have zero interest in wrestling right now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It's a crazy story. fyi Carlos Colon got inducted into the WWE hall of fame this year.

Carlos Colon is one of those wrestlers that got loads of attention in all the magazines but was rarely seen by fans due to where he wrestled. Same with Brody to a lesser extent. I wish YouTube had been around in those days.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Anyone watching Survivor Series tonight? I expect the obvious to happen with Roman Reigns finally capturing the WWE Championship, although there's always that part of me that hopes creative will try pull something out of the hat that fans don't see coming.

AtariLegend wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

Anyone watching Survivor Series tonight? I expect the obvious to happen with Roman Reigns finally capturing the WWE Championship, although there's always that part of me that hopes creative will try pull something out of the hat that fans don't see coming.

The whole tournament was a mess and a wasted opportunity. So much hope there was after the title got made vacant, then they immediately turned it into a mess. They couldn't have just put Lesnar, Taker, Cena or even Wyatt in there? Silly.

Reigns feels too inevitable. I'd like to see Ambrose win, but I'm worried he'd align with the authority (destroying his character) or lose to Sheamus.

Axl4Life

Axl4Life wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
A4L2.0 wrote:

The whole tournament was a mess and a wasted opportunity. So much hope there was after the title got made vacant, then they immediately turned it into a mess. They couldn't have just put Lesnar, Taker, Cena or even Wyatt in there? Silly.

Reigns feels too inevitable. I'd like to see Ambrose win, but I'm worried he'd align with the authority (destroying his character) or lose to Sheamus.

The Sheamus thing is worrying me too. It would be typical of creative for Reigns to win and then Sheamus cash in. He's been demoted to lower mid card status, getting outsmarted by Wayne Rooney for christ sakes. 16  It would be absolutely pointless to give him the title with no build whatsoever. I really like Dean Ambrose as a character but it's a pity he's been relatively handicapped by the PG image that WWE portrays. The limitations that he is confined to makes him appear too corny I think.

Roman Reigns to his credit has come along leaps and bounds this year, it's just that he's the obvious choice and the fact that it's no big secret that the powers that be want him to be "the guy" that fans won't take to him. Cesaro should have won that qualifying match, then Roman could have turned heel and cost him the finals against Ambrose. Roman turns heel, and has a top class feud with fan favourite Cesaro elevating both talents. Give Ryback the Intercontinental title, and let him have a good run with it meanwhile babyface Ambrose battles the Authority with Kevin Owens being Triple H's new hand picked guy. Everybody wins.

AtariLegend wrote:

Sheamus/Reigns feud. They went with the most predictable and ratings killing feud possible.

Anyway I've only watched a handful of full episodes of Raw in years. I'll be back when the weekend the Rumble airs.

Axl4Life

Axl4Life wrote:

Yeah pretty bland considering they had so many interesting ways they could have taken this since Rollins went out injured. Looks like it's straight back to the mid card for Owens and Ambrose now whilst Cesaro is rumoured to be having shoulder surgery and Ryback is in the lower mid card losing to thrown together tag teams. 10 And could Sheamus have been any more undeserving of the title?

Board footer