You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Fortus on sick leave

apex-twin wrote:

Now, here's a situation.

Richard Fortus wrote:

Since The Dead Daisies have now announced that I am not going to be able to do the Australian tour, I’d like to share my statement here-

On September 17, 2015, I was involved in a motorcycle accident. As a result, I broke my shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs, a toe, I have a bruised lung, lacerated liver and a concussion.

Amazingly, my doctors have assured me that I will make a full recovery. I have never missed a show in my entire career and unfortunately, I will have to miss the entire Australian and New Zealand leg of this tour. I am devastated that I will not be able to play for the Australian and New Zealand fans, who have been so supportive and loyal.

I am healing quickly and getting stronger by the day. I’m looking forward to rejoining the Daisies for the KISS Kruise as well as the Whitesnake tour and our own tour of the UK and France.

I’d like to thank everyone for their well-wishes and can’t wait to be back in Australia very soon. rf

Sept 17th. Fortus breaks his shoulder blade, collar bone, six ribs and a toe, bruises his lung, lacerates his liver and suffers a concussion. Based on the description, he fell on his right-hand side. Lucky him his arm came through.

Sept 18th, Alternative Nation used this Talking Metal soundbyte to implicate another member 'has left'. Second-guessing on this click-bait suggested either Fortus or Pitman.

Sept 19th. Fortus denies he's out of the band. From a hospital bed?

2rgndli.png

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

NICE catch.  Someone suffering such injuries is in no shape to be posting on twitter to keep forum junkies in the loop on his status.  He'd have other things to worry about, that lacerated liver for starters.

So now we know the Fortus twitter account is not being used by Fortus himself, at least not for that comment.

edit: He got very lucky. It's serious obviously but could have been much worse. Also sucks because he's in that other group and this probably fucks things up in that regard a lot more than it does GNR's status.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Sucks that the guy had to go through all that. Hope he rests up and recovers real soon.

Board footer