You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

polluxlm wrote:
johndivney wrote:

i'd been in since day 1 & played it non-stop for about 8months. then went back to it for another 4-5 months.
i never really sat for long times and grinded missions. the odd night here or there.
a fair few of my 3-120 levels were gained from grinding Criminal Records. there was a while where a 3 lap CR race would get you 5000rp or whatever it was. there were also a few RP glitches tho i didn't really bother w/them as i'd have been worried about being banned.
a lot of my levels did come about from racing - but then i got driveclub & really didn't play any racing in gta. that's probably when i really stepped away from the game.
aside from that, i just levelled up messing around w/crew members, playlists that sorta shit.
there were a few missions likeblow up 3 or coveted that were good grinds but really, in those early days it was just a race to 120 to unlock everything. since then i've just been playing the game.

i did do p much every money glitch tho, until the dead hooker glitch because i'd already had enough cash & didn't want to rip the piss - which was actually my all time favourite gta glitch (how much more appropriate can you get really? it just fit perfectly w/that universe).
it turns out i could've ripped the piss & glitched billions cause r* never did shit about anything except hacks & mods, but even i couldn't waste that much of my time glitching for gta$.

i dunno what my ratio/kills is like. i haven't been in freeroam in ages. not really since heists. it just got too militarised around that time.
tho saying that, some of my fondest memories are of freeroam battles. it is actually probably what i miss most from playing! when you get into the heat of it, it really is comparable to any great action film.. like a perfectly timed grenade launcher flips over an insurgent pick-up, killing the guy on the roof as it rolls over & then switching weapons to kill the driver as he's crawling out of his vehicle. or shooting out the pilot of the approaching suicide bomber helicopter while your in the passenger seat of a beat up car trying to escape & the heli comes crashing down & explodes behind you w/the two douchebags inside it as you and your crew mate drive off into the sunset.
or just reverse killing n00bs in my entity/zentorno tongue
ah man, i miss that game.

I was late to the game but got a lot of xp from that Rumble in the Jungle mission. Didn't bother as much after I got all the gear.

Freeroam was ridiculously aggressive. Always had to watch your back. Immensely satisfying cruising in a tank racking up kills.

Took great pride in killing more than being killed, and winning more races than I lost. First one was easy, the latter harder. Races is another way to get some decent xp.

They took forever with those damn heists though. Hate it when they get you hooked on a game then make players pay real cash to get the good gear. Grinding for a tank could take weeks.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I've had dragon age since Xmas... haven't gotten into it yet... was hoping to try some 2day

Didn't like witcher 2 on xb360 soil haven't even considered pt 3 on ps4...im gonna pick up hockey when I comes out cuz my bro and I play

Dragon Age Inquisition? I picked it up, and it took me a little while to get into, but once you play for a while shit starts getting real. Definitely worth a playthrough if you enjoyed the others.

I fucking hated the combat in Witcher 2, but they fixed it in part 3. It's a lot smoother, and actually fun. The side quests are all pretty fleshed out so it feels like everything you do in that game is important. A great game for sure.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea dragonage inquisition, who knows when I'll get around to playing it

besides GTAV, I've been playing NHL 16 recently, its pretty good for those hockey fans out there...most sim-like hockey game yet

I pre-ordered assassins creed syndicate and uncharted collection (I had uncharted 1-3 when I bought my used ps3 but my ps3 has a real hard time with the disk for some reason...so traded it in and pre-ordered the ps4 version instead)

I've also been playing the telltale game of thrones game too over the course of the summer...its pretty good for fans of the HBO show or the books...I still need to play episode 5 and 6 isn't out yet

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I just ordered the Uncharted collection. Somehow I missed all three when I had ps3 so getting a chance to play them all in order will be nice. I also preordered just cause 3. I am undecided about Assassin's Creed though.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Transformers devastation  came out yesterday and it looks kinda cool...but barely any reviews available...and from what I heard it's fairly repetitive and short...I dunno...it's on my radar...but maybe I'll wait for a price drop

johndivney wrote:

the uncharted games are repetitive and short! go with transformers!
all those naughty dog games are just glorified point & click games.

i've got transformers on preorder but for some reason it's not released here til friday.
have to say tho vanquish was one of if not my favourite ps3 game so i'm really excited for this. it looks great.

been doing assassin's creed 4. picked it up it the sale last week or so. picked up a few more things in the recent sale too.

finished dragon age.
i think my time of ending the main quest was something like 90hrs. (i'm p sure it was exactly 90hrs 1min).
it was a bit much. i topped out at 105hrs by the time i'd cleaned up all the dragons/end game crap.
i'm never going back to it. or playing the dlc's. too much.

i'm all for shorter games tbh.
i'd prefer this assassin's creed to be a fair bit shorter even tho it's really good - again there's prob too much to do.
going to set it aside for transformers tho.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Let me know how transformers is..I've read all there is to read on the game...not many reviews out. ..maybe 6 or so

I like the naughty dog games tbh...prolly enjoyed last of us more than what I've played of uncharted ... but I only played the remastered last of us

I'm excited for both uncharted and assassin's creed syndicate

johndivney wrote:

so i had like a free half an hour yesterday for the first time in weeks. i decided to check in w/GTAO having heard there were new (lamarr) missions.
so i booted it up for the first time since spring (or whenever it was heists were released?) & it was a disaster!
i got in my kuruma & couldn't steer for shit. i got out & started to run w/R2 like i would in assassin's creed & i started firing my weapon. just a complete brain fart. all over the place.
eventually settled down & located some muscle memory, got the stereo working in the car, cruised around los santos for a little.

then i went to the marker for the new missions.
after enduring a cut scene, that had some bearnie mac-looking random in it alongside my character & lamarr, it started to load. then it didn't & i got kicked from the session & got stuck in the clouds/loading screen.
after a couple of mins i admitted defeat & dashboarded. then it was time to go to work again.
bummer.

i did get to playthru Transformers once & would absolutely recommend it. brilliant game.
but there is definitely sense in waiting for the price to drop.
there's 7 levels in total & each level lasts somewhere between 20mins to an hour - & that was first playthru. there are places where you can just drive past the deceptacons to get to the next part of the stage/level & that would cut down the time too (i didn't realise this until later in the game).
basically each level plays out like an episode of the show (tho it's not as good as the tv show). the voice acting & music is absolutely amazing, for me there were worth the admission price alone, best videogame soundtrack since fzero X on the gamecube for me. just epic 80's guitar solo's, can't beat it.
there are reasons to replay it, it's great fun & looks brilliant, with the option of using one of the four different characters on offer - & they all do play differently to various degrees. if i ever get the chance i want to revisit it.
& the weapons/upgrade system does add a little more depth to proceedings w/o getting in the way - or even being necessary.

haven't really gotten anything much done on assassins creed 4. i'm at the stage where i've just bought the diving bell & done the first mission with it. i dunno. there's too many collectibles, too much stuff to do like hunting/crafting.. it's just such a commitment. defo won't be doing the new one.

i did manage to play Dust: An Elysian Tail which i absolutely loved. even tho it came out like 3 years ago it'd have to be up there with Witcher 3 & Axiom verge as my favourite game this year. best value for money too, was only £3 on the psn sale. i loved it, total throwback to the action adventure rpg's of the snes glory days. if you ever played the likes of legend of the mystical ninja, get dust an elysian tail.

anyone get to play the Star Wars beta?
i only got half an hour with it, on the offline split-screen co-op survival mode. it did look great but didn't get to scratch the surface.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

I played the Lamar opening mision yesterday was ok...I finished the 1st uncharted remastered...and I'm super stoked for assassin's creed 2morrow

johndivney wrote:

played it again last night.
joined some random invite for the lamar stuff.
host had it set to easy..
we got to the end of the first mission, when you have to go to the meet the vagos & the ballas are having.
some guy starts throwing sticky bombs, blows up the lowrider. mission failed. ugh. i sent him/her a message congratulating them on their trolling and/or being stupid as fuck.

then i dropped near $1mil on pimping out a lowrider at benny's.
bloody thing couldn't even make it over the curb onto the footpath outside my apartment.
love it.

best game. i'm just in awe of it having come back to it after time out. it's an incredible, mind blowing game. single player or online, it's just miles ahead compared to anything.

Board footer