You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Pretty good VR show I had never seen

Smoking Guns wrote:

They had some good tunes.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This show blows away the Houston DVD. This is Proshot and very professional. Everyone sounds great!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

About a week ago I was in a youtube rabbit hole and heard Slither live on Letterman. It was killer especially since I so rarely hear any VR.  Also heard She Builds Quick Machines. Good song but those lyrics aren't up to snuff with that music.

Was never a big VR fan but yeah they had a handful of good songs. I still say they were crazy to not put Psycho Killer and Messages on Libertad.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I enjoyed them...and they put on a fantastic show when I saw them in 2004

I watched a bit of the show u posted smoking...will need to watch more later

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think it was their peak as far as tightness as a band even though by this time they hated Weiland the band sounded fantastic.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yea for sure...dunno if it was the slash Matt duff chemistry or the entire band but when I saw them u remeber Wieland and kushner not being able to hold a candle to the gnr guys...or maybe it's cuz I was a bit awestruck at seeing those 3 live for the first time lol

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Alot of talk about GnR lately.  As the years have passed I think its a shame VR didn't hang in there a little longer. Libertad itself was underwhelming, I still hate the recording/production sound.  Which doesn't make sense because Brendan O'Brien has done many great albums  with a raw, unpolished feel.  Not sure what happened here?!

@ James - Messages is the biggest mystery?  Such a great song, unless someone either in the band or the label felt it was a little much as far as a 9/11 tribute. Personally I found it well done. Don't know what went on there.

Overall tho, Libertad had some decent stuff, but alot of misses. Contraband had a great raw, rock sound overall to carry it thru. Libertad kinda didn't. Too bad they couldn't get around to a 3rd album, just for good times sake.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Was Messages left off because it was too similar to Interstate Love Song?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Don't Drop That Dime gets randomly stuck in my head from time to time.

Board footer