You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos

James wrote:

Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, QOTSA Supergroup Has Been Formed, Debut Single Coming This Friday

Ten Commandos is the name of a rock supergroup project featuring Soundgarden bassist Ben Shepherd, drummer Matt Cameron of Soundgarden and Pearl Jam, Mark Lanegan of the Screaming Trees, frequent Queens of the Stone Age collaborator Alain Johannes, and Dimitri Coats of OFF!.

According to the latest announcement, the gang is set to unveil their debut single "Staring Down the Dust" on October 9, and follow it up with a full-length release in November.

The band's story dates way back to 2008, while the first concrete reports of the band being active surfaced last year.

Mr. Coats, who will be handling the vocal duties in the band, previously commented: "There was just an instant chemistry and a really creative and open situation where everybody's passing around the guitar and throwing in ideas. I sort of felt like I was in the grunge Beatles."

Describing the vibe of the tunes, the musician added "It's a little bit like 'Superunknown,' that kind of era of Soundgarden, mixed with Alain's kind of Stevie Wonder vibe."

--------------------

I'm going to be all over this like flies on shit.  That project Wellwater Conspiracy that Ben and Matt did in 97 was amazing and deserved more attention. I have high hopes for this.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Re: Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos

Vale wrote:

Almost everything Lanegan does is awesome. I wonder how much he'll be involved if he is not the main singer.

Board footer