You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: MPs and Royals implicated in pedo cover up

polluxlm wrote:

A member of the royal family, a senior judge, cabinet ministers and public school headmasters all supported a Church of England bishop who escaped prosecution for sexual abuse 22 years ago, the Old Bailey has heard.

The scale of the backing of senior establishment figures when Peter Ball was first accused in 1993 by a vulnerable young man of sexual exploitation and abuse was revealed for the first time on Wednesday.

Ball, 83, was in court to be sentenced for 15 years of grooming, sexual exploitation and abuse of 18 vulnerable young men aged 17-25, who had come to him for spiritual guidance and inspiration between 1977 and 1992 when he was bishop of Lewes.

Jailing him for two years and eight months, Mr Justice Wilkie said Ball had abused his position as a senior member of the established church. “You pursued selected individuals to commit or submit to acts of physical or sexual debasement under the guise of it being part of an austere regime of devotion,” Wilkie said. “These acts were committed at your suggestion for your own sexual gratification.”

Ball, who counted the Prince of Wales as a loyal friend, had first been accused in 1993 by Neil Todd, who had attempted suicide three times as a result of his abuse, and went on to kill himself in 2012.

The police investigated and six other victims came forward. But support flooded in for Ball from within the establishment and he was never charged. Instead he received a caution for gross indecency, resigned his post as bishop and was allowed to continue officiating at ceremonies for many years by the then archbishop of Canterbury, George Carey.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015 … ened-court

The conspiracy theories of people like David Icke had more than a tiny core of truth it seems. Interesting, and scary.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I still cant believe the Catholic church didn't implode in the 90s when there was an epidemic of this crap here in the US. Had I been president there would have been an entirely different outcome to that scandal.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

The Catholic church has systematically covered up the sexual abuse and exploitation of children for DECADES NOW. What's worse is that they never fired these kiddie fuckers, only transferred them, where the could continue to rape children again and again. I never realized the scope of these crimes until I watched a documentary on it, which was followed with further readings.

How can anybody sit idle, knowing an organization they belong to did this, and not leave? To me, the members are just as complicit as the twisted hierarchy that turned a blind eye as life after life was ruined.

The real kicker is the arch conservative wing of the church, who continually compare homosexuality to pedophilia while arguing against gay marriage etc. Some fucking nerve!

I think this said it all quite well:

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Makes me think of this:

Back when artists were still real.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

She made people furious with that back then.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

They all deserve to be castrated with a hot iron poker and left in jail to rot

James

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:

It was tragic. It killed her career. She could have recorded another Dark Side of the Moon and nobody would have cared.

She was amazing and didn't deserve that hell but it was her own fault for doing it. When doing something of that magnitude you better properly weigh the risks.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Cramer wrote:

It was tragic. It killed her career. She could have recorded another Dark Side of the Moon and nobody would have cared.

She was amazing and didn't deserve that hell but it was her own fault for doing it. When doing something of that magnitude you better properly weigh the risks.

It was a much more conservative time back then too. Although these days with social media I think it would blow up, just in a different way.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Cramer wrote:

I think this said it all quite well:

I fucking love Tim Minchin! That is all...

James

James wrote:
Cramer wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Cramer wrote:

It was a much more conservative time back then too. Although these days with social media I think it would blow up, just in a different way.

Definitely.   #GoSinead

She'd sell more mp3s  if it happened now , some fan made animated video of her fighting the Pope would  get 300 million views on youtube, and she'd get a reality show.

Board footer