You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: HOLY SHIT!! Get in this thread!

Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Will, a reunion will happen. Weather it is 2016 or 2018 is what we don't know.

There's no real evidence to support that a reunion is seriously being considered by the only person that matters though? Unless it's coming direct from Axl you should completely disregard it.

Slash made one comment and the forums, media and blogs all exploded with headlines proclaiming a reunion was imminent. All of these sites rely on click-bait headlines in order to generate clicks and more ad-revenue - none of them really give a fuck if GNR are planning to reunite, all they care about is latching on to that one comment from Slash and turning it into a juicy headline to make themselves more money. Slash didn't even mention a reunion, all he said was "things have cooled down" (or something like that) and the internet publishers jumped on it.

I have yet to see zero evidence that a reunion is in the works, however I have seen evidence direct from both Axl and Slash that they are both currently working on their next individual releases.

SBSun wrote:

Slash has planned his moves after the tour ends.

“Next is finishing pre-production on the next album and going into the studio in the spring,” he said.

Source: SB Sun - 3 days ago

And from Axl....

B3-9l8kCcAA-hkA.jpg
Source: Twitter @axlrose

I know why fans are getting their hopes up, and why everyone wants to believe something is in the works, but no-one outside of Axl is able to provide any real proof that a reunion might be on the table.

Just my opinion, and I'll happily bare my ass to all on GNR Evo if a reunion is announced in the next year or two big_smile

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Actually a tour next summer makes the most sense with Axl and Slash both having new albums coming out. It will help promote their albums and they make a ton of money from reuniting.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Actually a tour next summer makes the most sense with Axl and Slash both having new albums coming out. It will help promote their albums and they make a ton of money from reuniting.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but when have Guns ever done "what made sense"?

Axl worked on Chi Dem for over a decade or two and did next to no promotion upon release. Why should it be any different for the next album? He doesn't seem to want the promotion in my opinion, if he did then we'd have much more regular updates and interviews etc.

& Guns will make a shit ton of money whenever they decide to reunite - I just don't believe that Axl is currently considering it as an option. Until Slash apologises publically a reunion is off the cards in my opinion.

To me it seems like Slashs comment (however innocent it may have been) has backed Axl into a corner from which he can't win. If he releases CD2 and tours with a new lineup then it is destined to fail because the media has hyped up a reunion, and if Axl reunites then he fails as an artist because he didn't achieve the same success with the nu-era as he will with the old lineup sad

Or maybe I just have my rose tinted glasses on? 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Remember that all of these were things "that went wrong" according to Axl. He had planned to promote CD etc. but then yada yada yada and we know the rest.

One of his complaints was always that managers only wanted to do the reunion tour. Well, if he is doing that then perhaps it will go more smooth this time. Easier to get the preferred support for an album if you are giving them dividends of a huge tour on top.

AtariLegend wrote:

Just want to mention from yesterday that if Beta's Instagram is real, Pitman was doing the Halloween decorations at their mansion.

1100246332524084732_50995398

Chris Piss
 Rep: 1 

Chris Piss wrote:

My cousin knows Dizzy's dad's dermataologist and he can verify all of this.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Chris Piss wrote:

REUNION STARTS NOW!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Chris Piss wrote:

Smoking Guns has been in the GN'R community for like 10 years, maybe more. I very much doubt he is making it up.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
Chris Piss wrote:

Smoking Guns has been in the GN'R community for like 10 years, maybe more. I very much doubt he is making it up.

I don't doubt he's telling the truth. I just don't know how much I believe what he was told will actually happen anytime soon. It's akin to the countless Fortus, DJ, Dizzy interviews where they mention mind blowing new material that will be heard real soon. And few people ever take that stuff too seriously. So now all of a sudden, we are supposed to believe the lead singer of Adler's band? Steven Adler would be the last guy I would believe when it comes to anything reunion related. He's a little too emotionally invested. Seems like a great, fun loving guy, but this has been his dream for the last 25 years. It's basically his reason for living, and he's THIS close to it becoming a reality. But to think he may be jumping the gun a bit, wouldn't be out of bounds from what I can tell.

Sky Dog wrote:

I met Smoking....good cat....I believe what he says. Don't fuck with Southern boys...

Board footer