You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

Smoking Guns wrote:

The music with Izzy was totally different. Scott didn't like it because it sounded too much like guns, too classic rock he said. He rejected all the Izzy songs from what I recall. That may be a good thing because I don't trust Scott's taste...  He loved Big Machine.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Although they could have a massive and successful tour without Izzy... I would be pretty disappointed. Without him I would imagine the tour would be a one time thing with no album possibility.

Not that the album is likely either way! One step at a time.

I would prefer is Adler over Sorum but I don't think that matters much.

Goodluck GNR!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I honestly don't think you'd find a response outside a Guns or VR forum that'd suggest that any of the material of Contraband is comparable to any of the Appetite or UYI era material.

Slither and Fall To Pieces are on par with any of the songs on the UYI's, and I think you'll find a lot of objective/casual music fans that agree with that. I've seen both songs in many an mp3 playlist alongside the classic guns stuff even with non hardcore fans.

AtariLegend wrote:
TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I honestly don't think you'd find a response outside a Guns or VR forum that'd suggest that any of the material of Contraband is comparable to any of the Appetite or UYI era material.

Slither and Fall To Pieces are on par with any of the songs on the UYI's, and I think you'll find a lot of objective/casual music fans that agree with that. I've seen both songs in many an mp3 playlist alongside the classic guns stuff even with non hardcore fans.

Well that's your opinion and I'm sure you'll find others that agree with you here. I just don't see it. I like Slither and Fall to Pieces, but I don't just don't see the comparison.

I don't think Fall to Pieces is as good as Don't Cry or Slither as good as You Could Be Mine. Those aren't even my favorite UYI tracks.

I'd also take Wicked Garden, Plush from Core over Fall to Pieces.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I don't think Fall to Pieces is as good as Don't Cry or Slither as good as You Could Be Mine. Those aren't even my favorite UYI tracks.

I'd also take Wicked Garden, Plush from Core over Fall to Pieces.

Our personal tastes do indeed differ, but my point was that I at least have anecdotal evidence that some casual listeners are just as happy listening to those CB tracks than anything on UYI. Given the fact that you said this:

AtariLegend wrote:

Which I don't think is true, based on what I've seen around me. Of course, that's no where near a statistically accurate sample, but it's still better than 'no response'.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sucker Train Blues musically is the most GNR sounding track off of CB. With Axl on there it is pure guns. You Got No Right with Axl easily could be on UY2. Slither and FTP are both good. With Axl could be great. That solo in Slither RIPS.

Lomax wrote:

Tell you what though.
Here's what'll happen. The reunion will fall through because the small print on Slash's contract will read:

* I The oversigned hereby take full responsiibility for the dissolution of the original GNR(TM) line-up and hencewith wholeheartedly agree to honour each of the above-mentioned performancees while wearing a yellow-pink polkadot dress, of one William Axl Rose's choosing, thereupon emblazoned with the term "Axl's Bitch" in a lamb's blood lacquer.

Axl will claim he tried his best but Slash refused to sign over some silly legal clause, the remnants of Nu-GNR will be spread to the 4 winds, 4tus and Frank will do an acoustic EP with Hillary Duff while blabbermouth run 16 articles of Addler bashing Axl for being a dick.

Oh.
And we'll never hear the Vault.

Axl will die having bequeath all his worldly goods, musical recordings not withheld, to Dijon the fucking cat who'll be 10 years dead himself but his momager will have convinced an ailing Axl that yoda incarnated his spirit in the fruit of Fernando Lebeis' loins.
A child who will no doubt be a douche bag, and proceed to play his 'lost gnr albums' at bloated south american house parties for the terminally rich and unbearable.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Are we officially past "days away" yet?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Are we officially past "days away" yet?

No.. Days away means,"by Christmas"

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

One major promoter has tendered an interest in promoting a tour for a reformed GN'R, and are yet to receive a yay or nay. There are also two European festivals that are possibilities, one more likely than the other.

Stories reporting the story are based on people theorising what is happening rather than actual facts, or so it seems

I have not found anything to state there is an intention to reform as yet, and any activities could souly be based upon the hearsay of GN'R reforming i.e. promoters could be putting forward packages when there is nothing actually happening. It happens with ABBA all the time.

Board footer