You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Adele Discussion

Yeah...don't really like her first album either. Alot of people love it; but glad I'm not the only one who doesn't care for it. I might check it out if it streams online for the next album; but probably not going to pick it up. Unless it has a vocal or song that blows me away. Hope for the best.

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:

Anybody here fans? I admit, other than a few of her radio singles I generally didn't listen to much of her stuff, but I've always appreciated Adele for her pure ability and the fact that she's the definition of a true artist who performs live and writes her own material, which is obviously a rare thing for a massive mainstream artist, including the fact that she's used artists like Chris Stapleton and Tom Waits as inspiration and influences for her song writing.

With that being said, I downloaded her new album last night and upon first listen I fell in love with it. Such a powerful album. "Remedy" is my personal favourite so far. I'll be purchasing it on vinyl tomorrow.

Me_Wise_Magic

She wrote some songs with Phil Collins that were supposed to be on the new album; but I guess they got scrapped. Would of loved to hear their collaborations. hmm

Axl4Life
 Rep: 28 

Axl4Life wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

She wrote some songs with Phil Collins that were supposed to be on the new album; but I guess they got scrapped. Would of loved to hear their collaborations. hmm

Really? Yeah would have definitely would have loved to have heard those. She wrote dozens of songs for this record with many different collaborators and producers, but wasn't happy with them because she felt they weren't up to standards. Despite this, at least it didn't take her 16 years or so to release her follow up album unlike a certain someone! axl

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i like her 21 album a lot.
didn't listen to her back catalogue yet.
she's got a great voice and i like the whole vibe/darkness that her songs have. i think my favourite is 'hiding my heart away'.
i stayed away from the album at first because everyone was talking about it and her songs were everywhere and i tend to hold back when these things happen. but i'm glad i got to listen to it quietly after all the hype has passed so the songs were fresh for me and not overplayed as it would've happened if i followed it from the beginning.
i have to make time to listen to her new album in the near future smile

Me_Wise_Magic

Axl4Life wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Really? Yeah would have definitely would have loved to have heard those. She wrote dozens of songs for this record with many different collaborators and producers, but wasn't happy with them because she felt they weren't up to standards. Despite this, at least it didn't take her 16 years or so to release her follow up album unlike a certain someone! axl

Point taken! 16

Board footer