You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GNR slot machine coming out in January

johndivney wrote:

Yea it's no longer pc for me to say what I think of this shit so I'll just let it pass..

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Oh dear, how much I hate the post 911 era. If this is what Axl and Slash not being on hostile terms mean, I'm not sure I want to see them all friendly again.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

To quote Maynard James Keenan,

Desensitized to everything / What became of subtlety?

AtariLegend wrote:

Maybe this was what Slash meant afterwards when he said "tension that you were talking about has dissipated". Perhaps they didn't argue through lawyers this time when the offer by the company was made?

I think you got it.

Duff may have had a hand in making Axl realize they can all make money by sitting on their asse(t)s.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Not to sound too cynical again, but this was announced ages ago. The deal would had to have been reached probably last year. It's not like Axl, Duff, Slash aren't the only ones that own the licensing anyway (unless it's changed since) and it was still being claimed that Axl/Slash hadn't spoke to each other several months after the announcement.

A lot of things get claimed. I don't think its far fetched for them to have been on speaking terms before that recent Slash interview.  Even if we act like they still hate each other, this deal could have been reached through middle men or lawyers.

I think hardcore fans are going to need to get over his negative remarks towards Slash. People got too wrapped up in that anyways.  Once Duff came back into the picture it was only a matter of time before relations on some level were no longer as sour. The pattern was established long ago. He loathes ex GNR members for a lengthy period of time, starts talking to them at some point, then they're up onstage with him. Slash was just the last domino to fall.

Some say "But he really hated Slash." Maybe so but he wasn't the president of Izzy's fan club either. Or Duff's. Or Sorum's. Or Gilby's. Or... but he has hung out, talked, or performed with all these people at some point.

As far as licensing goes, I don't think its a coincidence that the three members Axl himself said could be imagined for a reunion years ago, the three members being mentioned by the media in this hybrid thing, and the three members on this slot machine are the same people.

AtariLegend wrote:

Perhaps they didn't argue through lawyers this time when the offer by the company was made?

Obviously. 16 Even if a reunion doesn't happen, I am glad the black cloud surrounding that situation appears to be over.

Seems to be a fairly negative reaction to the slot machine but I assume it has more to do with the fan base being on edge about a reunion and/or CD II and not necessarily the slot thing itself. Like Cramer said, its baby steps.

It's better than scented candles that's for sure.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

If they're going to sell out they might as well just make a "the osbournes" with Axl and Slash. I'd watch that.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

It's better than scented candles that's for sure.

St. Rose...

ka2p6v.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm not against people making money. Consider all the money ripped off of bands, look at Aerosmith. Merchandising doesn't bother me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Do any Evo members belong to that official GNR fan club? What's the forum like? Apparently fan club members were sent emails announcing a bunch of new merch with the old logo which means they are working together on this stuff. Only a matter of time before we get a new GH/Best Of announced which is long overdue.

Board footer