You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!

johndivney wrote:

Wouldn't mind a wee trip to coachella. Party with Kendall Jenner & various California hipsters. Think I'd fit in well in that scene..

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Wouldn't mind a wee trip to coachella. Party with Kendall Jenner & various California hipsters. Think I'd fit in well in that scene..

American chicks dig our awful accents.

johndivney wrote:

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Loaded magazine is reporting that Guns N’ Roses are expected to headline a string of shows at Wembley Stadium. The band are also expected to headline major festivals in the U.K., with Download and Isle of Wight rumored. Other sources have stated that Reading and Leeds could feature Guns N’ Roses on their lineups, but this report disputes that claim.

The report contradicts the claims though that the reunion tour will take place in 2016, and states that it will take place in 2017 so Rose and Slash have time to fulfill existing commitments. Loaded states that Rose is believed to want to play more gigs in 2016 to show some loyalty to his existing bandmates, who have toured under the Guns N’ Roses name ever since guitarist Slash and fellow original members Duff McKagan and Steven Adler left during the 1990’s.

Loaded’s source said: “The simple truth is that Glastonbury doesn’t pay enough money to its headliners for GN’R to consider playing there. Also, Michael Eavis doesn’t have many hard rock acts at Glastonbury and everyone in the camp wants the comeback to be as hard and heavy as possible.”

http://www.alternativenation.net/guns-n … ium-shows/

AtariLegend wrote:

Alternative nation often use MYGNR rumours for threads. It's not a credible source of news. Especially that Bret guy that posts anything/everything.

That said, this is what Loaded said:

The classic Guns N’ Roses line-up are set to blitz the festival circuit – but it won’t happen for another two years.

Speculation has been rife for months that Axl Rose and Slash have buried the hatchet, 22 years after their last concert together in 1993.

Now Loaded can reveal that megabucks offers are already in place for the band to play two British festivals at Isle Of Wight and Download as part of their comeback tour.

An insider told us that the tour won’t happen for another two years to allow Rose and Slash to complete all their existing commitments.

Rose is believed to want to play more gigs in 2016 to show some loyalty to his existing bandmates, who have toured under the Guns N’ Roses name ever since guitarist Slash and fellow original members Duff McKagan and Steven Adler left during the 1990s.

Our source said: “The simple truth is that Glastonbury doesn’t pay enough money to its headliners for GN’R to consider playing there. Also, Michael Eavis doesn’t have many hard rock acts at Glastonbury and everyone in the camp wants the comeback to be as hard and heavy as possible.”

Rose fell out with Reading And Leeds Festival organisers when the current Guns N’ Roses line-up headlined in 2010. The band were over an hour late on stage, which meant they had their show cut off when it overran the festival’s curfew by an hour. Fans booed them throughout and chanted “What a twat” at Rose after each song.

Rose is notorious for arriving late on stage, famously delaying a show in Newcastle in 2006 by an hour so that he could finish his roast lamb dinner. It’s those delays which mean a show Hyde Park isn’t under consideration, as the London venue’s 10:30pm finish time is earlier than many Guns N’ Roses concerts begin. It leaves Isle Of Wight and metal festival Download in the clear to secure one of the hottest hard rock reunions in history.

A string of shows at Wembley Stadium are also on the horizon as part of the reunion, when the band are likely to blast out classics including Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain and Paradise City from their albums Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion I And II.

Since the split, Slash has released acclaimed metal albums with his band Slash’s Snakepit. Rose and his new band members have only released one album, the flop Chinese Democracy, in the decades since Slash’s departure.

Source: http://loaded.co.uk/guns-n-roses-get-the-wight-stuff/

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Alternative nation often use MYGNR rumours for threads. It's not a credible source of news. Especially that Bret guy that posts anything/everything.

That said, this is what Loaded said:

The classic Guns N’ Roses line-up are set to blitz the festival circuit – but it won’t happen for another two years.

Speculation has been rife for months that Axl Rose and Slash have buried the hatchet, 22 years after their last concert together in 1993.

Now Loaded can reveal that megabucks offers are already in place for the band to play two British festivals at Isle Of Wight and Download as part of their comeback tour.

An insider told us that the tour won’t happen for another two years to allow Rose and Slash to complete all their existing commitments.

Rose is believed to want to play more gigs in 2016 to show some loyalty to his existing bandmates, who have toured under the Guns N’ Roses name ever since guitarist Slash and fellow original members Duff McKagan and Steven Adler left during the 1990s.

Our source said: “The simple truth is that Glastonbury doesn’t pay enough money to its headliners for GN’R to consider playing there. Also, Michael Eavis doesn’t have many hard rock acts at Glastonbury and everyone in the camp wants the comeback to be as hard and heavy as possible.”

Rose fell out with Reading And Leeds Festival organisers when the current Guns N’ Roses line-up headlined in 2010. The band were over an hour late on stage, which meant they had their show cut off when it overran the festival’s curfew by an hour. Fans booed them throughout and chanted “What a twat” at Rose after each song.

Rose is notorious for arriving late on stage, famously delaying a show in Newcastle in 2006 by an hour so that he could finish his roast lamb dinner. It’s those delays which mean a show Hyde Park isn’t under consideration, as the London venue’s 10:30pm finish time is earlier than many Guns N’ Roses concerts begin. It leaves Isle Of Wight and metal festival Download in the clear to secure one of the hottest hard rock reunions in history.

A string of shows at Wembley Stadium are also on the horizon as part of the reunion, when the band are likely to blast out classics including Welcome To The Jungle, November Rain and Paradise City from their albums Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion I And II.

Since the split, Slash has released acclaimed metal albums with his band Slash’s Snakepit. Rose and his new band members have only released one album, the flop Chinese Democracy, in the decades since Slash’s departure.

Source: http://loaded.co.uk/guns-n-roses-get-the-wight-stuff/

Andy Copping knows nothing, so that rules out Download. The Isle of Wight is a left field choice, I do not know much about them

I am wondering if Glastonbury will go for RHCP this year. They had tried to get them on and off over the past 20 years, and the band have an appropriate gap in their schedule

Edit-->

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

^^what a smear piece towards Axl. And Slash hasn't released a snakepit album since 2001. So I don't trust shit they say but the whembly thing sounds killer.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

GN'R Truth are supposedly reading us

For those reading at GN'R truth, the AEG contact thing is old now, I just meant do not contact whilst I was, that was all. They are not speaking to anyone now, so it does not matter. And, Hi to Ali and Cineater, I hope you are both well.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
sp1at wrote:

GN'R Truth are supposedly reading us

For those reading at GN'R truth, the AEG contact thing is old now, I just meant do not contact whilst I was, that was all. They are not speaking to anyone now, so it does not matter. And, Hi to Ali and Cineater, I hope you are both well.

Yeah, I get what you meant. Thought that was really kind of childish, which is unfortunate.

johndivney wrote:

"existing commitments"? that fat ass won't scratch itself i guess..

Board footer