You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Velvet Revolver....and mainstream success

Neemo wrote:

I've been mulling this over for a couple days...does anyone think that they maybe are stearing away from the mainstream on purpose?

All the guys in VR have been in the spotlight on a couple occasions with different bands, including VR so its not like they dont know who to hire and what to do to grab that success, but with contraband's success and the neg attention they have gotten in the media coupled with Scotts frequent rants against "the man" does anyone think they are maybe intentionally scaling themselves back from a Radio Freindly attitude? it would explain a bit. and its not like other bands havent done it before (aka Pearl Jam after the VS Album and their whole fight with ticketmaster and lack of videos)

just putting it out there 19

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Interesting line of thinking, although I don't necessarily agree. When you look back at the time since before Libertad's release, all the band members were talking about the record. Even talked about it on their website during the making of the record. They clearly had big plans for the record. The media just didn't latch on to it, and the album had some decent reviews, but nothing that really made people want to go out and buy it.

If the band had done little to no promo for it, I would agree that they were intentionally veering away from mainstream.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

true james....

but they never really went on record anywhere except in online interviews and through their own site so I dunno.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Also, the fact they were playing a setlist heavy in new material shows they were really behind this record and were pushing it. Same with M.I.A. She plays a setlist that consists of 90% new material.

Board footer