You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses-Velvet Revolver hybrid?

misterID wrote:

Frank definitely doesn't suck 14

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Suck is harsh, but Matt IS better and Adler clearly plays AFD stuff betta.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Frank is a badass drummer and has been one of my personal favorite members of Nu Guns since he joined up. But I don't think they need Fortus. Or Pitman. I think Axl-Slash-Dave-Duff-Frank-Dizzy sounds like an awesome lineup 9

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think these things lead to pissing contests. IMO,  the only thing that matters is Axl and Slash, Duff is awesome too. But the band is in place, and the good news from I understand, is that this band has a future, it's not just a cash grab reunion an original 5 would be.

And I've heard a lot of great stuff about Richard that should make people excited. There's not been a member that has impressed me more on that entire Chinese Democracy tour cycle than Richard and I can't wait to see what he can do with Slash... You know, if that happens.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Strengthens the theory Axl is looking at this like a shuffling of members. The three guitar thing definitely suggests an intention to play CD material. If this is legit I see Kushner doing the rythm, Fortus the junior solos and Slash the main ones.

No way slash lets Fortus do this solos. he is not sharing anything It stupid to have Kutchsner in the band.

Just let it be Fortus or bring back Gilby. Kutchsner has never been in guns n roses. There is no reason to have him in a reunion.

just have Fortus or Gilby do Izzys parts and let Slash do his own.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Matt isn't better. His most memorable GN'R moment was written by Duff. The only real drummer of GN'R is Adler, but he has been such a druggie mess over the last 25 years that I don't think he can handle 2.5 hours every gig for a full tour. Given Steven's silence, I think there is a strong chance they let him be part of Coachella at least.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Matt isn't better. His most memorable GN'R moment was written by Duff. The only real drummer of GN'R is Adler, but he has been such a druggie mess over the last 25 years that I don't think he can handle 2.5 hours every gig for a full tour. Given Steven's silence, I think there is a strong chance they let him be part of Coachella at least.

Yes!!  Plus we need him to be for the Car Wash Prophecy to be realized.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Haha what is the car wash prophecy?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

That is where Jacob Bunton, singer of Adler, told me back in October that GNR was reuniting and the original 5 would tour. I posted it here and ID said Bunton didn't know what the fuck he was talking about and that Axl was committed to CDII was his priority but maybe one day in a few years Slash may come back. We are from the same home town and we were both at the car wash getting our cars cleaned when I approached him. I first congratulated him on Adler, told him it was a kick ass album and asked when he was going to tour and play around here. He said, "you will get to see him next year", I said awesome! "Adler is going to tour here?!?"  He said no, "GNR". I said who will be on drums? Sorum? He said, "Original 5". Now what we don't know is what he considers a tour but I do believe that the original 5 will either play some sets or shows. He said "nobody knows, it is going to be HUGE, but nobody knows". At the time I didn't understand what he meant by huge, but now we are seeing the hype machine in full force. And he was right. Pretty much nobody knew.

misterID

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Adler's lead singer told SG at an Alabama car wash the original 5 was getting back together. smile

Board footer