You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Free--and GREAT--new Bucket

bigbri wrote:
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I'm going to download it. I am WAY behind on the pikes but I definitely cant pass this up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm listening on youtube right now and its pretty damn good so far. I love his mellow material.  When hearing this kind of material it really shows how his talents were squandered in GNR.

He needs singers to come in and I hope he realizes this at some point. Listening to the first few minutes now and something about it has a Mazzy Star vibe and caused me to wonder how it would sound with Hope Sandoval singing on it. Bucket fans do make a valid point when saying the music speaks for itself but some of his material definitely deserves to be in a band setting with a lead singer.

I still say Axl could have done something interesting with this.....

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Agreed. I really felt that Axl was one of the few artists that really got Bucket. Bucket doesn't just pick any artist to work with especially singers. He really has trust issues as does Axl. Going back to the news, I love that Bucket does free releases. Looking forward to blasting this later on. Shared the link to some of my friends who are huge fans of his works.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

A few minutes into the album and I already love it. Does this man ever release average/crappy music? 16

(James: forever indebted to you for getting me into Buckethead).

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
julita wrote:

A few minutes into the album and I already love it. Does this man ever release average/crappy music? 16

He does, actually, make some crappy stuff. Downright horrible, actually. Most nowadays is average. Some great stuff, but he needs to slow down and focus on one great album.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

bigbri wrote:
julita wrote:

He does, actually, make some crappy stuff. Downright horrible, actually. Most nowadays is average. Some great stuff, but he needs to slow down and focus on one great album.

Yeah he does release these way too frequently. Doesn't really give me anytime to reflect or listen to the rest of the music that shows up in my email newsletter.

Board footer