You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

Backslash wrote:

Anyone think that this is just Trent fucking around again to stir up shit among GNR fans?  He's done things like this in the past.  I know it's a stretch, but you never know.

If Finck tours with NIN this summer, I don't think it's a big deal.  Nothing's happening on the GNR front anyway and it's almost too late to announce a summer tour.  If the album does by chance get released, a tour may ensue eventually, but the NIN tour may be finished by that time.  All the rest of the guys in the band have their own projects and some are bigger than others.  Remember when the Replacements reunited?  Everyone was crying that Tommy left GNR.  Well, he just left for a short tour with the 'Mats and came back afterward.  He never left GNR.  Probably a similar thing happening here with Robin.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Finck belongs in NIN.  He's never fit GnR (despite his recent efforts) and plays the songs that made the band famous worse than I do.  I would go see him in NIN and likely respect him infinately more there than I ever could in Guns.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
Backslash wrote:

Anyone think that this is just Trent fucking around again to stir up shit among GNR fans?

No because this would be stirring shit among his own fans. I've been visiting this NIN site: http://www.echoingthesound.org/phpbbx/v … sc&start=0
and almost everybody is happy with Finck's come back.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Finck belongs in NIN.  He's never fit GnR (despite his recent efforts) and plays the songs that made the band famous worse than I do.  I would go see him in NIN and likely respect him infinately more there than I ever could in Guns.

Same here.:thumbup:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
starsko wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Same here.:Humbert:

Same here. It's really great news 22

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Saboteur wrote:
starsko wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

With no Buckethead in the touring band, Robin is the #1 guitarist there.  Ron's a great guitarist and throws in some nice licks, but Robin's the guy carrying the load of the classic and current solos.  He's the key guy up there with his blues-rock style.  Sure, everyone knows who I'd rather have up there, and I've made some not-so-positive statements about his playing in the past, but truth be told, he's the best fit for this version of the band.  He has that classic Guns tone combined with his personal style.  He fits great.

Saboteur wrote:
starsko wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

you guys are ignorant and if you really feel that way, you probably aren't even fans of the band and haven't seen them live.   Robin is the soul of GnR and without him, they might as well call it quits.

I am hoping he hasn't left for good, and I do like him in NIN, and if GnR isn't going to do anything right now, I'm glad he's touring with Trent.    If he's left GnR, that sucks, and my interest in the band would go down to the point where i'd probably only check these boards a couple times a month to see what the news is.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

russtcb wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

you guys are ignorant and if you really feel that way, you probably aren't even fans of the band and haven't seen them live.   Robin is the soul of GnR and without him, they might as well call it quits.

I am hoping he hasn't left for good, and I do like him in NIN, and if GnR isn't going to do anything right now, I'm glad he's touring with Trent.    If he's left GnR, that sucks, and my interest in the band would go down to the point where i'd probably only check these boards a couple times a month to see what the news is.

PLEASE stop with resorting to insults the moment someone disagrees with you.

they're insulting members of the band.

Board footer