You are not logged in. Please register or login.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

starsko wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

they're insulting members of the band.

Which members of which band are we insulting ?
We just said that Finck's style suits better for NIN than for Guns N'Roses.
cool

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
starsko wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

they're insulting members of the band.

Which members of which band are we insulting ?
We just said that Finck's style suits better for NIN than for Guns N'Roses.
cool

That's not an insult.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Another one bites the dust...

So GNR if Robin was not fired/left wont be doing shit this summer.

ibelieveinaxl wrote:

now that the reunion is coming, he's out bc of the negative things he has said against slash.

are you fucking kidding me?

there is no basis at all to jump to this conclusion.   none what so ever.

fuck a reunion.   this isn't about bringing back guys who left the band 10-15 years ago.  That ship sailed years ago..  this is about Robin Finck and Guns N' Roses.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

it's not that Finck was bad in GNR, it just doesnt feel right to hear old songs like November Rain and SCOM being played by someone else. It's not just how Finck plays the old songs either, I feel the same about this when Fortus of Bfoot play them too. The same can be said for Aaron North in NIN; hes a great guitarist but those NIN songs would sound so much better and have alot more energy with Robin because he is the premier NIN guitarist. NIN is Robin's strong point and I'm glad to see him tour with them, I cant wait to go to the show.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Honestly, I thinkt his is great. Aaron North shit all over the NIN catalogue and this is really Robin's thing. He is the undisputed best lead guitarist for NIN ever. If Trent is sober, and Robin's on stage with him, it'll be one hell of a show. Can't fucking wait. I HAVE to go to Toronto for this.

Werd.

Robin's the man when NIN Live is concerned. I really would've wanted to see him last year alongside Trent, Josh Freese and Jeordie White (now happily back with Manson - funny how certain groups begin to be reunited). Instead I got Aaron, who didn't kill the mood but didn't exactly "piss on Robin's shoes" either, no matter what Trent tried to tell us back in the day.

Been listening to Ghosts I-IV recently, and some guitar parts ring so much like Robin, it was eerie to read he's now back with Trent. I hope Robin makes it to Europe with NIN, as I so want to see him back in the saddle and blazing March of the Pigs.

Really, if I sound like I'm none too shocked, I'm not. Robin could've patched up with Trent and done some touring without compromising GNR a long time ago. Now, Trent's released his most exciting album since The Downward Spiral and I really feel like Saikin observing the recent VR melodrama.

I love Robin, regardless which band he's in. However, I seriously doubt he would've copped out on Axl this late in the game, having stood by him through thick n' thin. Axl and his management obviously knew about the situation beforehand, as Robin's a contract player. Either he let the renewal option lapse in favor of Trent or all parties worked an agreement for Robin to have the best of both worlds.

I'd wait for a comment from Irving Azoff before jumping into too drastic conclusions. Come ol' boy, this is your first on GNR damage control! Show some of that professionalism!

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
starsko wrote:
war wrote:

the album is done. axl doesn't need robin right now and he won't until gnr tours again which would be late '08 at the earliest. if he is still on tour with NIN axl willget him back or replace him if he has to. this will not effect the release of the album.

This must be the most hilarious thing I've ever read on this forum. How could Axl go on tour without his lead guitarist ?

The only way this is not going to affect the release of the album is if there was no release planned...

i can help you right now. you get somone else to play his parts. whewww! that was hard.

right now that's what they are all doing anyways, aren't they. playing other peoples' riffs. what did ya think they were gonna do if they release citr, only play it live when brian may is available?

or do yu think gnr should disband if robin quits? cause by your comment, he is irreplaceable and they have no other choice but to do that.

the only thing that is funny right now how much some of you are freaking out about this. especially since we do not even know if he is not coming back.

i like finck's writing ability but that is about it for what he does well. and since his parts are already writtten and the album is done he is replaceable. some of you are in love with him and that's fine but keep in mind that a large part of the gnr fans do not like him because he is technically inept as a guitarist.

i still think and hope bucket will come back - hell, maybe that is why robin quit (he found out axl plans to bting him back soon to support the album). i can only hope right now but it was the word on the street at one point that him and brain would come back when album was released.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Doesn't mean anything one way or the other in my opinion.  We all know that even IF C.D. were to come out this year it would be LATE this year.  Robin will probably see how NIN is looking and if GNR is looking better that's where he'll be...if Axl is still fucking around for a release "soon" a few months into the tour and Trent wants to record new material (he's very prolific) Robin will very likely say "bon voyage".

No, we didn't know it. As it takes 8 weeks to release the album and it's only early April, a summer tour had been possible till this Robin thing came out.

yes, it takes 8 weeks to promote and produce and release but.........

that doesn't just start when the album is done being recorded. axl just hired management - they need some time to do it right: find the right sponsors and the right time to release it. right now i would hope for a christmas shopping season release.

i already belive it will be late '08 because of the dr pepper thing. i know i am in the minority who beleives gnr was in on it from the beginning so i'll say it this way............if if they were not in on it, they will still milk the oppurtunity for all it's worth and a cross promotion with dr pepper entitled "free pop if gnr releases cd in '08" is not gonna yield a  summer release - it's gonna yield a release late in the year for dramatic appeal.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

IF this isn't a temporary move, there honestly HASN'T been a better time for a reunion since the band split up.  I'd still rather see CD come out and Slash do a solo album before a runion if one were to happen, but the reality is that the timing has never been better.

Interesting that this is the 2nd time this has happened with Robin.  I would think he'd have to have Axl's ok to do it, which means IF CD is coming out, it isn't going to be anytime soon.

Board footer