You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Coachella Festival profile and rumours

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I must be getting old.   I don't recognize ANY of those other bands.

Sia is pretty damn good and if I was going to Coachella, would be interested in that. I used to listen to some Major Lazer years ago back when it was diplo and Switch(M.I.A.'s two main producers/writers). We know Ice-T of course. I've heard of LCD Soundsystem.  Everything else....drawing a blank.

Like I said before, anyone going to Coachella will be up to their necks in hipster shit.

Yeah James. I like me some Sia too. Any other singers that end in "ia" I should be aware of? 16

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Dave Grohl and Del James tagged too.. You are right, anyone could tag, but would someone tag those folks?

What does Grohl have to do with anything?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

I tip my hat to the Inforoo forum. We ended up with the right headliners for Coachella

johndivney wrote:

that is one shit festival lineup tho. ONLY the afd 5 could save any interest in that. they can have their hybrid & that shite festival lineup, i'll be more than happy to stay @ home.

guy clark jr rocks tho.
there is literally 3 or 4 acts on the same day as Guns that i would go to only because i was already at the festival & had nothing to do. but no one band, bar guns, would make me think, i really want to go to this.
so yea, i kinda feel like i'm not missing out on much. can't imagine it having the kinda atmosphere that'd be my cup of tea. prob the weather tho, that'd be my cup of tea alright. i think it was leeds '02 were a part of the campsite got washed away by rain/floods.. could've been somewhere else tho another european festival.. fuckin rain.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I think it was leeds '02 were a part of the campsite got washed away by rain/floods.. could've been somewhere else tho another european festival.. fuckin rain.

Pukkelpop '02 in Belgium. Great show, but the weather was absolutely horrible. And they came on an hour late, which pissed a lot of people off who were gonna miss their trains.

Still glad I got to see the line-up with bucket and Gothic Finck, but nothing beats an Axl-Slash line-up.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

TheMole wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I think it was leeds '02 were a part of the campsite got washed away by rain/floods.. could've been somewhere else tho another european festival.. fuckin rain.

Pukkelpop '02 in Belgium. Great show, but the weather was absolutely horrible. And they came on an hour late, which pissed a lot of people off who were gonna miss their trains.

Still glad I got to see the line-up with bucket and Gothic Finck, but nothing beats an Axl-Slash line-up.

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself that I never got to see the '02 line-up live.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I think there was a lot of trouble at Leeds 02 after GNR's set. They moved the venue of the festival after that, don't think it was specifically GNR related though.

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
TheMole wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I think there was a lot of trouble at Leeds 02 after GNR's set. They moved the venue of the festival after that, don't think it was specifically GNR related though.

nah it had nothing to do with Guns.

Guns played on the friday (& would've been closing Reading on the Sunday except they were doubled booked & played another festival on the Sunday night). there was no trouble after the GnR show - probably because it finished relatively late(!)
the only problem with GnR was their tardiness & Axl saying from the stage about how he didn't come all this way to england just to be told to go the fuck home, & they got an extension of curfew to play the rest of their set.

the trouble started on the sunday night. it seemed to be the traditional thing of the time at that particular festival, to set the bogs on fire & have a mini riot.
believe it or not i managed to sleep thru the entire thing!
i woke up on monday morning & my mates were like, how the fuck did you sleep thru that?! there was like a riot right outside your tent! & i was just like, let me grab my shitty bootleg gnr tshirt & get the fuck home cause i am just fucking wrecked, didn't give a fuck about the bombsite the camp had turned into.
leeds festival had a weird atmosphere. quite young, juvenile sorta crowd. it was like the parents had packed their kids off to leeds for the weekend tbh.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
sp1at wrote:
WARose wrote:

wow, looks like it`s really possible this time!

one thing that seems to have been overlooked in the last few months of speculation, is that the manager of the joint in vegas said in an interview in june 2014, that axl plans to reform the original band after the residency. at that time it came completely out of the blue and noone took it serious, but in hindsight it perfectly fits the picture. axl handing out those chinese democracy platinum discs to the band members could`ve really been the end of the chinese democracy era..

That's really interesting. Have you got a link to that interview?

Obviously it looks as though GN'R are reforming, but there is still a story to tell. How did it happen, what is the dateline.

Another aspect to look out for is that big interview. Rolling Stone or Billboard magazine, someone is going to have that exclusive interview which gives us some insight into how it all happened.

I`ve found it by accident:

http://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2014 … residency/

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

WARose wrote:
sp1at wrote:
WARose wrote:

wow, looks like it`s really possible this time!

one thing that seems to have been overlooked in the last few months of speculation, is that the manager of the joint in vegas said in an interview in june 2014, that axl plans to reform the original band after the residency. at that time it came completely out of the blue and noone took it serious, but in hindsight it perfectly fits the picture. axl handing out those chinese democracy platinum discs to the band members could`ve really been the end of the chinese democracy era..

That's really interesting. Have you got a link to that interview?

Obviously it looks as though GN'R are reforming, but there is still a story to tell. How did it happen, what is the dateline.

Another aspect to look out for is that big interview. Rolling Stone or Billboard magazine, someone is going to have that exclusive interview which gives us some insight into how it all happened.

I`ve found it by accident:

http://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/2014 … residency/

The thing that (slightly) concerns me about that is that it makes it sound like a "tour and go home" deal. We need new material from them. I've already been burned by Queen taking Adam Lambert out on the road as a karaoke act instead of getting him in the damn studio and cutting a new album, I really don't want GN'R doing the same.

Board footer