You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Eddie Trunk Thoughts on Reunion

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

These guys aren't young rebels anymore. The hardcores, soccer moms, and hipsters filling these venues will go home every night happy.

It's not a young rebel thing with Axl. The guy is genuinely crazy. He still goes on late. Recently they adjusted the start times to help people get used to the fact there is no way he will show up at a normal 8 PM start time. I think he has all kinds of issues that cause the delays. Paranoia, stage fright, mood swings, whatever the hell it might be.

He made Eddie Trunk pull an all nighter to get an interview at a gig in Miami not too long ago. Gig started at least 2 hours late. That's not a young rebel Axl doing that, it's a well past middle age Axl still doing the same shit as 20 years ago because maybe he's just crazy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

These guys aren't young rebels anymore. The hardcores, soccer moms, and hipsters filling these venues will go home every night happy.

It's not a young rebel thing with Axl. The guy is genuinely crazy. He still goes on late. Recently they adjusted the start times to help people get used to the fact there is no way he will show up at a normal 8 PM start time. I think he has all kinds of issues that cause the delays. Paranoia, stage fright, mood swings, whatever the hell it might be.

He made Eddie Trunk pull an all nighter to get an interview at a gig in Miami not too long ago. Gig started at least 2 hours late. That's not a young rebel Axl doing that, it's a well past middle age Axl still doing the same shit as 20 years ago because maybe he's just crazy.

Axl said he didn't even know he was scheduled for that interview even after hours after it was supposed to start. neutral

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Axl said he didn't even know he was scheduled for that interview even after hours after it was supposed to start. neutral

Either Axl lied or Team Brazil really screwed Trunk. Whole thing was a joke though. This recent no show with Kimmel seems similar although at least Jimmy didn't have to stay up all night.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Either Axl lied or Team Brazil really screwed Trunk. Whole thing was a joke though. This recent no show with Kimmel seems similar although at least Jimmy didn't have to stay up all night.

I don't think he was lying, and I don't think it was the only incident.

I don't think its incompetence, I think they think they know how to handle Axl. I forget who it was, but someone who worked with him said Beta gave him the low down on   how to deal with him, that you have to approach him a certain way, and to keep things from him that could upset him. I think it might be taken to the extreme.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Cool am in the band big_smile

Can you get me backstage passes? 16

No sorry would a recording of the next rehearsal be ok 22

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Axl is mentally unstable in the sense that he can tune out as quick as he can tune in.
Furthermore, he has the habit of mulling things over in his own mind until they get big.
At worst, this leads to excitement going sour and him flying off the handle for being 'pressured'.

When you give this sort of person power over something like Guns, you're in for a ride.
He gives zero fucks about the monetary investments or the workload of others if it comes to that.
At worst, it all boils down to an 'out ta get me' attitude and temper tantrums; charming for a 50-yo.

That's what you get when your inner circle keeps you cuddled for decades and calls you a genius.
Too bad he's lived single with Brazilians for so long, an offspring would've forced him out of his shell.
Now, it just seems his journey towards emotional maturity is stumped and hindered by his stature. Too bad.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think any of this so-called stuff exists.

I think Axl knows the business is a racket, ran by crooks, charletons, underage pussy peddlers, and at worse, possibly Zionist Illuminatists.

Axl doesn't give a flying fuck. Axl will only do ANYTHING associated with the major business aspect at this point, IF and only IF it COMPLETELY benefits Axl Rose or Guns N' Roses as a whole.

That's it. He's not going to compromise himself, his family, his friends, or his bandmates to do it the way he sees fit. If that means he sits at the house for 10 years to accomplish that... well... that's what happens

Whatever came up, Axl just didn't FEEL like it. And he could be right. Who knows? Maybe he didn't feel Kimmel was the right venue for such a huge moment.

I don't think the guy is crazy. I've actually always wondered if  he has some sort of undisclosed health issue. Maybe he's got Colitis or something. People say he's unpredictable and inconsistent, but Axl's been consistent for YEARS. He's consistently blowing off the business

There must be a precise reason imo. The 2002 VMA situation DID NOT help. And even in the post-interview with Loder, when Loder asked him questions, you could tell Axl was on a completely different page than Loder was.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

He's not going to compromise himself, his family, his friends, or his bandmates to do it the way he sees fit.

On the best of days, it can go like this.

On the worst of days, however...

Anyone else can be thrown under the bus in the heat of the moment in the world of Axl Rose.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Gibbo wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Gibbo wrote:

Cool am in the band big_smile

Can you get me backstage passes? 16

No sorry would a recording of the next rehearsal be ok 22

Yeah that works. 14 5

johndivney wrote:

I'd have thought backstage passes would've been easy to come by than rehearsals recordings..
There's prob a few types of backstage pass too.. One for meeting Mother Goose/Frank/Del/Dizzy. Then a few more exclusive passes for access to other places n people are prob reserved for hookers/dealers (once upon a time) & family/friends..??

I imagine it'll be a very different scene backstage at these upcoming shows. Something's defo been lost in the intervening years. Unfortunately their hell raising days seem to be behind them sad
Hopefully it all goes mental/spinal tap/1970s rock, but I can see it being a typically sedate, professional setup..

Board footer