You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Same Old, Same Old

johndivney wrote:

Sp1at - AEG have the O2 in London? (Is it even still called the o2?)
What you think of the possiblity of them doing a night or two there for the UK show or is it more than likely to be a festival appearance at this stage?

I guess arena shows are a ways down the line, but for convenience a few nights at the O2 seems a good calling card.. Maybe that notion of convenience doesn't translate to AEG & festivals tho, might just be easier to slot them onto a festival since that's the way the current is flowing atm..

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

The capacity of the O2 is too small

I cannot see the band playing repeated nights.

johndivney wrote:
sp1at wrote:

The capacity of the O2 is too small

Haha I'm liking the ambition of this thing.

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

The tour will lie somewhere in the middle of AEG and ACDC's 2015 Euro tour

johndivney wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Ok. Well for people in Ireland keeping score -  AC/DC played the Aviva Stadium in 2015 (capacity somewhere between 35-50,000??)
They also played Punchestown Racecourse in 2009 - the same venue GnR played in 2006

Kinda hoping for Slane or a mainland UK show if this is any indicator (tho it's possible Ireland isn't on the tour itinerary at all). Don't care for the Aviva at all, Punchestown is a good venue but a bollocks to get in & out of.

Guess we'll see..

sp1at

sp1at wrote:
johndivney wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Ok. Well for people in Ireland keeping score -  AC/DC played the Aviva Stadium in 2015 (capacity somewhere between 35-50,000??)
They also played Punchestown Racecourse in 2009 - the same venue GnR played in 2006

Kinda hoping for Slane or a mainland UK show if this is any indicator (tho it's possible Ireland isn't on the tour itinerary at all). Don't care for the Aviva at all, Punchestown is a good venue but a bollocks to get in & out of.

Guess we'll see..

Well, it has been claimed that GN'R may be playing the Aviva stadium around the weekend of the Reading festival

The problem is, can Reading afford GN'R

Then we have this German date in July. That ticket link with 15th July I think is a presumed date, because the venue claim they could not host a concert then because it takes them more than a couple of weeks to prepare the venue for the German F1 event. So if Bild is right, the German date will be early July which would coincide with BST. Then we have The Sun who are determined GN'R are playing at Slane. I also have further info on a possible Portugal date, again in July. It's all complicated, but I feel if we can nail down one date, then rest will fall into place.

All I know definitely know is, there is no UK date booked as we speak

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axlin we were worried about you. Glad you are back.  I will soon breakdown every word of your initial post and critique it to the heights of my ability, see you soon

sp1at

sp1at wrote:

Only of interest. If Stay of Execution is the name of the tour, we will then be able to date back when all the reunion planning started taking place.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Good to see you Axlin12. We were starting to think you were Dust N' Bones. tongue

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Besides the Kimmel cancellation which was a bummer, what's everyone so down about? Slash and Duff are back, most people have wanted to see this for 20 years!

Also regarding the Kimmel thing, whilst I'm as dissappointed as anyone it got cancelled would it not make more sense to do this in a couple of months? Coachella will sell out regardless of promo. It looks like not everything is in place yet anyway, why not hold out til nearer the shows so there's more to say, more rehearsals been done (hopefully), and maybe do a song or something?

Probably wishful thinking on my part but there is some logic to postponing a Kimmel type event until nearer the time.

Good points. It would appear at this point, we have all the announcements we're going to get for the meantime. The point of the Kimmel appearance I assume was to announce that GNR were going to be playing Coachella or reuniting in some form. And maybe Slash would've come out and we'd have an epic moment. Maybe not though. I doubt Axl was going to go on and announce the lineup and why some guys were included and others weren't. I doubt he was going to announce a release date for a new album or new songs to coincide with an upcoming tour. And I doubt he was going to give us a rundown of a 25 date US stadium tour and European dates to follow. I know that's what we all wanted, but it was highly unlikely. Maybe we'll get it sometime in the future, we have some time. No need to freak out this early in the process.

Board footer