You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Same Old, Same Old

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Watch me claim Coachella is Axl's greatest vocal ever and the people watching the stream will say it is his worst ever.

If Adler and Izzy are there, I bet this is exactly what happens. You will be in the AFD Reality Distortion Field. 16

There's going to be a stream?

Yeah the first weekend of Coachella has been streamed on several sites.  9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Nice. ...hopefully they do so again, I'll be there in a virtual sense lol

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, hell yeah!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

If this is same old, same old no doubt we'll get a scenario that has happened in the past where an entire festival lineup is streamed apart from GnR's performance...

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Axl S wrote:

If this is same old, same old no doubt we'll get a scenario that has happened in the past where an entire festival lineup is streamed apart from GnR's performance...

If they are paying all that money to have GNR play they are going to make sure GNR is streamed for the ad venue on the GNR set stream

johndivney wrote:

Yea I would be surprised, even at 8 million, that they'll show the GnR set.
Tho I was surprised when they showed Rio so it is possible.
I just wonder whether Axl would let the performance get out into the public domain & bootlegged, y'know?

That 8 million tho.. Any of you seriously think GnR or anyone is worth that sorta cash?? I really don't. Certainly sets a precedent, which of course is part of the point.
& it's an interesting figure too, that that was apparently the price it took to get Axl to share a platform with Slash again.. Everyone has a price I guess..

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

$8 million is nothing next to Cristiano Ronaldo's price. 16

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
johndivney wrote:

I just wonder whether Axl would let the performance get out into the public domain & bootlegged, y'know?

That 8 million tho.. Any of you seriously think GnR or anyone is worth that sorta cash?? I really don't. Certainly sets a precedent, which of course is part of the point.
& it's an interesting figure too, that that was apparently the price it took to get Axl to share a platform with Slash again.. Everyone has a price I guess..

They are not especially for something like coachelle where it would sell out regardless of GNR playing or not.

johndivney wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
johndivney wrote:

They are not especially for something like coachelle where it would sell out regardless of GNR playing or not.

yea i don't get it myself. i don't think it's value for money. i love them but even if i had the money i wouldn't spend 8mil just to see Axl n Slash share a stage for 2 and a half hours.
maybe i'm underestimating the business. i think i must be.

on julita's point - that's what i mean about the size of the business. sports stars are on a different level - or at least i would've thought. i'm perfectly happy to admit i might be underestimating the significance of this thing.
& anyway, Guns are more Maradona making a comeback at the '94 world cup than they are Cristiano..

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:
johndivney wrote:

yea i don't get it myself. i don't think it's value for money. i love them but even if i had the money i wouldn't spend 8mil just to see Axl n Slash share a stage for 2 and a half hours.
maybe i'm underestimating the business. i think i must be.

on julita's point - that's what i mean about the size of the business. sports stars are on a different level - or at least i would've thought. i'm perfectly happy to admit i might be underestimating the significance of this thing.
& anyway, Guns are more Maradona making a comeback at the '94 world cup than they are Cristiano..

To be fair it's $8m for two shows, so $4m per gig. But yeah it's overpriced regardless. Coachella doesn't need them at all. Maybe the Coachella people just want to brag that they were the group to reunite Axl and Slash after 23 years, kinda like they reunited Rage against the Machine.

Board footer