You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: Same Old, Same Old

dave-gnfnr wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
johndivney wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

They are not especially for something like coachelle where it would sell out regardless of GNR playing or not.

yea i don't get it myself. i don't think it's value for money. i love them but even if i had the money i wouldn't spend 8mil just to see Axl n Slash share a stage for 2 and a half hours.
maybe i'm underestimating the business. i think i must be.

on julita's point - that's what i mean about the size of the business. sports stars are on a different level - or at least i would've thought. i'm perfectly happy to admit i might be underestimating the significance of this thing.
& anyway, Guns are more Maradona making a comeback at the '94 world cup than they are Cristiano..

To be fair it's $8m for two shows, so $4m per gig. But yeah it's overpriced regardless. Coachella doesn't need them at all. Maybe the Coachella people just want to brag that they were the group to reunite Axl and Slash after 23 years, kinda like they reunited Rage against the Machine.

GNR look so out of place with all the other bands too.  If Gnr doesnt let them stream it could be bad press for them.
But there is only one example where GNR were not allowing someone to stream their like set right?

I think most of the times they have allowed their sets to be streamed right

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I say screw warm up shows and build everything up for the first weekend of Coachella and do a live stream. Don't need shitty you tube vids from the roxy prior to Coachella. Let Coachella be their kick off party in the grand stage

AtariLegend wrote:

Their was at least 2 examples in the UK. Reading in 2010 and their was an issue with Download in 2006 as well.

After the "supposed argument" a few select videos did get released.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Their was at least 2 examples in the UK. Reading in 2010 and their was an issue with Download in 2006 as well.

After the "supposed argument" a few select videos did get released.

OH yeah there were two, you are right.  One of them everyone waited until until early in the morning then there was an "issue" with the stream and everyone was pissed LOL  I remember that.

But most of their streams have always gone live. I just hope this is one of those cases.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

With the value of that stream of GNRs first show with Slash, those sponsor sites will not be cool with them cutting a stream. Like Rio, I don't think they'll have a say. At least I really really hope not.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Copenhagen Post are predicting GN'R and The Who at the Roskilde Festival this year (Denmark, July again) http://cphpost.dk/news/as-if-2015-wasnt … y-for.html

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2014-0 … ns-n-roses

Anyone see this 2014 article by Alan Niven? He claims Izzy set up a meeting with Axl to discuss playing the Hall of Fame gig. Izzy waited for him 2 hours and he didn't show up. I wouldn't blame Izzy if he just said "fuck all of it" after that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

http://www.teamrock.com/features/2014-0 … ns-n-roses

Anyone see this 2014 article by Alan Niven? He claims Izzy set up a meeting with Axl to discuss playing the Hall of Fame gig. Izzy waited for him 2 hours and he didn't show up. I wouldn't blame Izzy if he just said "fuck all of it" after that.

Honestly, I don't trust Niven at all.  The most butt hurt guy ever. I remember a story about Aerosmith telling Axl how he was fucking them over, something they know a lot about. I just can't get over him saying You Ain't The First was the best song on UYI.

johndivney wrote:
misterID wrote:

I just can't get over him saying You Ain't The First was the best song on UYI.

Fuck man, that's not a bad shout. That's a great song & them at their stones-iest. & the ad-lib, "to the bar" call has become a catchphrase for my friends & I.

Defo one of the best cuts they ever done. Wish they'd done more in that vein. Listening to it now.. Man.. Axl totally went in the wrong direction. Some kinda groove between this & PTU is what should've been the blueprint going forward.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

You Ain't The First is possibly the most underrated song on UYI even if I don't think it's the absolute best. Very good song.

Board footer