You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Same Old, Same Old

johndivney wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

Dust N' Bones is great. The lyrics have that acerbic feel to them that reminds me of Dylan.

He lost his mind today / He left it out back on the highway...

- snip

Love that Lennon tune.
Axl was obv on a big Dylan phase during UYI's construction. the long rambling stream of conscious songs/lyrics. Dylan phases are the best. Best guy ever.
Izzy was always the most natural rock n roll songwriter in the band. Love his lyrics, almost throwaway in their simplicity but perfectly tied down to the mood of the tune. Same could be said of his riff's actually, they just sound so easy that it's like, how come nobody wrote it before him?! How did people manage to miss out on his songs before he got them?! Timeless is what Izzy's style is.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:
JamesLofton wrote:

I feel the exact opposite. I think he gets too much shit from the hardcore base.

Niven is full of fucking shit. ID is right. He's the biggest shit stirrer in existence. The only time I remotely believed him was when Axl spoke in his own defense of the acquisition of the band name, and Niven backed up Axl's story of the events, and considering the two fucking hate each other worse than childhood AIDS, I believed Niven.

Beyond that, the guy has made his disdain for Axl clear, which is fine, he's hated, but alot of the time Niven's shit doesn't even make sense.

Like this. Niven's claims make no fucking sense. Izzy supposed slated a meeting with Axl to talk about performing at the RNRHOF, i'm assuming in 2012 when they got inducted. Axl no showed, Izzy waited for 2 hours, and he was pissed. Right?

Then why the fuck did Izzy, who was so incensed by this, turn around AFTER THE HALL OF FAME, and perform with Axl and the new Guns in London, practically right the fuck after?

Again, some of what Niven says doesn't make sense. BUT... I will say this... Izzy has been kinda absent since. Hmmm....

Axl and Izzy have a lifelong friendship. I would bet Izzy was disappointed more than angry if Axl didn't show up for the meeting.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Again, some of what Niven says doesn't make sense. BUT... I will say this... Izzy has been kinda absent since. Hmmm....

Just to add to it.

He played some Vegas shows with Axl as well quite a bit after the London show.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Axl got a little pissed with Izzy too because Izzy actually wants a lot of money, per Axl, to do these guest spots.

Slash barely talks to Niv anymore also like he used to because he can be a loud mouth. I think Slash likes Niv, but is cautious what he does tell him.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I mispoke about Niven, he said You Ain't The First was the only good song on UYI, which is a lot different than the best, so that was my bad.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I mispoke about Niven, he said You Ain't The First was the only good song on UYI, which is a lot different than the best, so that was my bad.

Oh... that's much better. roll

I will agree with that belief that You Ain't The First would be more appreciated on GN'R Lies, where it should've been, and is probably a lost cut from that EP, but "the best on UYI", that's a bold BOLD claim.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Just to add to it.

Do you know what the dates for those were? I don't remember because of all touring, but all the media sites are reporting the last time Izzy played with Guns was 2012.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

I will agree with that belief that You Ain't The First would be more appreciated on GN'R Lies, where it should've been, and is probably a lost cut from that EP, but "the best on UYI", that's a bold BOLD claim.

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

Just to add to it.

Do you know what the dates for those were? I don't remember because of all touring, but all the media sites are reporting the last time Izzy played with Guns was 2012.

Duff played Vegas 2014, don't think Izzy did.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

Just to add to it.

Duff played Vegas 2014, don't think Izzy did.

Okay, I researched it and the media is right. Izzy hasn't played live with GN'R since 2012, in 3-1/2 years since that fall. Which is quite a while.

Checked HTGTH. Last show Izzy played with GN'R was at the Vegas residency in 2012. Nov. 23rd, 2012 & Nov. 24th, 2012 (the last), Izzy joined GN'R on stage for several songs.

So yeah... Izzy hasn't played with GN'R in 3-1/2 years. If he shows up at Coachella, that'll be the first time in awhile.

Board footer