You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: MATT SORUM Refuses To Comment On GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Lineup

Here's to hoping he's not.   Sorry, just never felt he was a good fit in the band.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Im on the Matt'a a douche train as well. But forget him I wanna know where this guy is gonna be

Sounds better than Axl. Sad but true.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Here's to hoping he's not.   Sorry, just never felt he was a good fit in the band.

I never for the Sorum thing either. I loved Matt's drumming in The Cult, and do feel he provides a certain nostalgia to the way the songs were performed live during the UYI period, but I was always stunned VR recruited him, unless the goal always was "Guns N' Roses with a different lead singer ('cause Izzy was originally supposed to be there instead of Kush)" just to dig at Axl.

I still stand by the statement that Frank "Thunderchucker" Ferrer is the best drummer GN'R has ever had.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

but I was always stunned VR recruited him, unless the goal always was "Guns N' Roses with a different lead singer ('cause Izzy was originally supposed to be there instead of Kush)" just to dig at Axl.

That's exactly what it was, as Audioslave was RATM with a different singer.

Axlin16 wrote:

I still stand by the statement that Frank "Thunderchucker" Ferrer is the best drummer GN'R has ever had.

As a drummer myself I'd say he is the best drummer to fit GNR style and be technically capable of moving forward. He has all the chops GnR might ever need and his style fits the old songs as he has a swing similar to Adler's, although Frank's waaaaaaaaaaaaay better technically than the alumni, and brings a familiarity to the new songs.

As technically proven, Brain is probably the best one. He is incredible but albeit a little too weird in style for GnR songs (you can notice this live on the 02 tour)

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

You think Frank is better than Matt? Serious?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Unfortunately very few drummers get critical acclaim...or even acknowledgement

John Bohnham
Neal Peart
Tommy Lee
Phil Collins

Obviously there are more famous drummers ... but from a reunion standpoint here I don't think it'll matter too much as long as Axl, slash & duff are up there

johndivney wrote:

Dunno about that Neemo. This guy got plenty of acclaim:

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

I'd love for the historically accurate "Classic GNR" to tour, i.e. Matt & Stephen sharing duties.
Matt can play guitar and piano, he could look at doing lots of other shit while Stephen is on.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm interested to see if what I heard about Matt and Axl is true and if it is, what are the details.  Part of me wonders if TB is leaking stories here and there to pinpoint how information is getting out.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Intercourse wrote:

I'd love for the historically accurate "Classic GNR" to tour, i.e. Matt & Stephen sharing duties.
Matt can play guitar and piano, he could look at doing lots of other shit while Stephen is on.

Touring with 2 drummers isn't realistic tho.

That's another reason they ought to just keep Frank, so the Steven vs Matt stuff can be put to rest.

Board footer