You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axl S wrote:

I fail to see how disrespect was shown... in fact being excited about playing the show imo is respectful.

Didn't mention Slash or Duff. Seemed to just promote himself really. Was a nice "look at me" tweet. But I really don't care that much. Just nit picking. Someone told him to shut the fuck up

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

apex-twin wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Didn't mention Slash or Duff.

All hell would've broken loose behind the scenes if he would've. wink

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Jimmy 'JJ' Lofton wrote:

Ahh...the good old napster/limewire days. Back when you could download Every Rose Has Its Thorn from GNR.

Hahaha, anybody who was there totally remembers Every Rose being a GN'R song.

What about "White Christmas"?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Jimmy 'JJ' Lofton wrote:

Ahh...the good old napster/limewire days. Back when you could download Every Rose Has Its Thorn from GNR.

Hahaha, anybody who was there totally remembers Every Rose being a GN'R song.

What about "White Christmas"?

That guy did kind of sound like Axl....  As did the Van Halen audition of Dance the Night away.

James
 Rep: 652 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

James wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

See and that's another issue with remix/re-arrangment #4,356,287 of Chinese by the time it got released in 2008. I actually thought the Frank additions were necessary and helped certain songs like Chinese that needed a bit more punch and rhythm (ala Steven, and less Matt/Brain). But the Ron stuff was just unnecessary and other than Ron's added rhythm parts, I didn't see any place he added value on Chinese for anything other than Axl trying to make the 2008 album more like what would became the 2009-14 band. Had it been delayed one more year, it wouldn't have shocked me at all if DJ would've replaced all of Robin's parts.

I agree though that Frank's additions was not a deal breaker. I'd love to hear what the Josh Freese-version is like. Something tells me it's closer to Frank's version, and less Brain, which would add even more of a headache as to why Josh was ever ran off or let go for a Brain. And that's not to slight Brain, but I just think Brain is a technical/progressive drummer, and Frank is more the feel guy like GN'R needs.

If Frank was needed on the album, Brain's tracks should've been removed and then let Frank add his own spin.  That's my issue with the new additions. We're not removing, we're adding. Yes there are some exceptions but most songs have 2-3 drum tracks and every guitarist but the Honkeytonk Man is on there.


otto wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Jimmy 'JJ' Lofton wrote:

Ahh...the good old napster/limewire days. Back when you could download Every Rose Has Its Thorn from GNR.


I lol'ed at this. You're one of dem old timers ain't 'cha? Hahaha, anybody who was there totally remembers Every Rose being a GN'R song.

Also Cats in The Craddle (supposedly by Ugly Kid Joe but we all know it was GnR) and there was another, from a band called Demon something, that the lead singer had a voice very similar to Axl.

There was also a song called Anybody that was actually good if it hadn't been listed as a Chinese Democracy song.


Smoking Guns wrote:

What about the Axl auditioning for Van Halen singing dance the night away?

I liked that cover. Did anyone find out who it really was?

-Jack-
 Rep: 37 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

-Jack- wrote:

I remember a electronic instrumental for Prostitute on limewire back in the day lol.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

tejastech08 wrote:

After watching some classic live videos this evening, I really wish they weren't going to perform live. Axl is a sad shell of the incredible frontman he used to be.

I'm glad there is no more bad blood and I would like to see a studio album, but live performances will never match up with expectations created in the old days.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

Rex wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

After watching some classic live videos this evening, I really wish they weren't going to perform live. Axl is a sad shell of the incredible frontman he used to be.

I'm glad there is no more bad blood and I would like to see a studio album, but live performances will never match up with expectations created in the old days.

I don't understand this type of thinking. If you don't want to see them that's one thing, but you just don't want them to perform at all? Is it because of their legacy? Why does it matter to you?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

tejastech08 wrote:
Rex wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

After watching some classic live videos this evening, I really wish they weren't going to perform live. Axl is a sad shell of the incredible frontman he used to be.

I'm glad there is no more bad blood and I would like to see a studio album, but live performances will never match up with expectations created in the old days.

I don't understand this type of thinking. If you don't want to see them that's one thing, but you just don't want them to perform at all? Is it because of their legacy? Why does it matter to you?

I'd rather see them spend time putting together a new album instead of touring when the live performance won't be anywhere near what they've done in the past.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

buzzsaw wrote:

Live Axl has been hit or miss back to when I saw them in 92. It's not like he has a legacy of live greatness to ruin.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB