You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: MATT SORUM Refuses To Comment On GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Lineup

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Part of me wonders if TB is leaking stories here and there to pinpoint how information is getting out.

Add what you just said with their intense interest in fan forums and I think we have a winner.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Damn, I thought one of the "insiders" would have answered the drummer question for us already. Kinda funny how they're quiet now, even tho I swore they all said there's no way Sorum would be involved.

James

James wrote:
Rex wrote:

Damn, I thought one of the "insiders" would have answered the drummer question for us already. Kinda funny how they're quiet now, even tho I swore they all said there's no way Sorum would be involved.

This is how its always been:

Story emerges....insiders knew it all along.....story changes....insiders go quiet....wait for story to evolve....picture gets clearer....insiders adapt their story to latest info.....new story emerges....insiders knew it all along....story changes....insiders go quiet....

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm interested to see if what I heard about Matt and Axl is true and if it is, what are the details.  Part of me wonders if TB is leaking stories here and there to pinpoint how information is getting out.

I didn't get a confirm on a fight, something might have happened, but that wasn't the reason for the cancellation. So it wasn't a denial, something could have happened.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Rex wrote:

This is how its always been:

Story emerges....insiders knew it all along.....story changes....insiders go quiet....wait for story to evolve....picture gets clearer....insiders adapt their story to latest info.....new story emerges....insiders knew it all along....story changes....insiders go quiet....

My souraces say otherwise...

misterID

misterID wrote:

I'll say  the insiders I've listened to through this whole thing have been pretty steady that Frank is the drummer.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'll say  the insiders I've listened to through this whole thing have been pretty steady that Frank is the drummer.

But we don't need insiders for that. JUst need eyes to watch his twitter account. Where GNR goes, he goes. Any fan can assume he is in until it is announced otherwise.

For the record, my joke above was aimed at the insider shtick in general over the course of the entire CD saga and not any specific individuals.

Hell....mysteron was legit and even he threw out some laughable things. I always liked that guy but I was a bit hard on him in the old days.

The fake insider thing used to raise my blood pressure but to me its more comical now and wish I had used that approach in those days when it was REALLY bad.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bunton clowned on your insiders ID and I spoke with him at a fucking car wash. Lol. The reunion and Slash was nowhere on your insiders radar. They did a good job keeping this on the DL.

James

James wrote:

I will admit.....the GNR camp did a great job. Slash opening his mouth in that obscure interview was clearly by design to get things rolling. Had he not said anything, this recent news would've hit the world over the head with a sledgehammer.

Until Slash said anything the public in general didn't give the tiniest of shits and us hardcores were praying for CD II and/or an update from Fernando which most expected wasn't even coming and even if it did would be much ado about nothing.

Fernando's 2-4 months thing got tons of shit at the time(warranted I might add) but makes sense in hindsight. Had to dot the t's and cross the I's....

misterID

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Bunton clowned on your insiders ID and I spoke with him at a fucking car wash. Lol. The reunion and Slash was nowhere on your insiders radar. They did a good job keeping this on the DL.

Trust me, MSL and Jim knew way before that.

And for the record, I said Slash was a possible replacement for DJ before your original 5 carwash!! tongue

Board footer