You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Guns N' Roses Member, Quarter Final 1

AtariLegend wrote:

Time for our first quarter-final.

Two musicians synonymous with the "Chinese Democracy" Era. Both with fairly cool and worth digging into solo material. One who was in a classic rock band long before Guns N' Roses and who is probably still going to be more associated with that band than Gun's despite 17 years service.

It's fair to say both guys deserved better.

THE MEMBER WITH THE MOST VOTES ADVANCES to face either Slash/Dizzy.

Tommy_DSC8715_PhotoStevenCohen.jpg

vs.

Buckethead-@-Neptune-9-15-12-dandiculous-pics-Dan-Rogers-3.jpg

Voting closes in 48 hours.

Vote for your Favorite

Tommy Stinson 38%
Buckethead 63%
Total votes: 16
polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

vs.

Going Down.

It's not really tough, but I like Stinson a lot. Has to be BH though.

AtariLegend wrote:

I do think it's a hard choice. I thought I'd vote for Buckethead for default, but just a reminder for others that Tommy was in a classic band before that.

He's also a great solo artist.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If you aren't floored by how this song is structured, how it flows, the emotion it must create in him knowing it was written for a fallen loved one ... that's not even mentioning the astonishing playing that ends this clip.

Bucket.

AtariLegend wrote:
bigbri wrote:

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU EMBED THE VIDEO?

Just copy this qFoBbNHvOME then highlight and click youtube. You need to copy the url after the = part.

Just want to say I hated it when that change to the forum got made too tongue.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Buckethead. Sorry Tommy. It was a pretty tough choice.

AtariLegend wrote:

Anyone remember or have Tommy's comments on Bucket saved from years ago? I remember getting the impression Tommy wasn't fond of the guy and us disusing it. I can't remember when or where though tongue.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

In 2005 when asked about Buckethead he said "I'd like to shit in his bucket". Also made comments like "good riddance", "we dont need him",etc.

Tommy did a 180 in 2009 when pretty much admitting that the whole thing was over the moment he bailed. He was right. Love the story of Axl trying to get Bucket back up until they took the stage at Hammerstein. The project never fully recovered in Bucket's absence.

Tommy was great and is one of the reasons the demos were better but I'm definitely voting for Bucket. He took the songs to heights they never would've reached without him.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

bucket 20

All due respect to Tommy. He stuck it out for a long, long time and i'm sure he had to deal with a lot of shit over the years but Bucket is amazing.

I remember seeing him for the first time in the Rio 2001 clips and i thought this dude was making fun of Slash with his bucket on his head because i've never heard of the guy. And then i got to research him and delved into his music and i became a fan.

Amazing artist.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

This  is absolutely marvellous! My new favorite BH song.

Hidden Text:

Disclaimer: I am not trying to turn this into the Buckethead appreciation thread

Board footer