You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

sic. wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I would never be able to retrieve it, but back in 06 someone got a response from Mank Rage(Huge's band), and got a GNR mention where it said there is a touring lineup and a studio lineup for GNR.

You mean this?

Voodoochild  wrote:

About the guy from Mank Range saying Paul is still on GNR...

The post itself is deleted.. But there's still a quote here:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … #msg749072

WAR41 wrote:

MrRedfield wrote:

Of course Paul is a current member of the GNR studio line-up and has been for years.

That is quite interesting.

James Lofton wrote:

Actually, I think people aren't reading enough into it.

That could very well be.

I'm just really confused at the moment, since everything seemed to shape up really good with Dr. Pepper, a new management and (possible) "listenings" to some of the new songs with other major music company suits.

What makes me think that people are reading too much into it? Well, the fact that Robin hardly has done anything outside of GN'R during these last years and now makes a complete 180 with rejoining Nine Inch Nails (which is a VERY big act compared to Frank playing in New York at a club or something in that matter) for touring may cause people to believe that he's leaving Guns N' Roses for good instead of thinking that it might just be something to keep him occupied until the new management and Axl decides to do something "radical" with GN'R and Chinese Democracy.

I don't know. I just don't know.

This whole thing makes me think about Buckethead coming back, which I can't explain either.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Actually, I think people aren't reading enough into it.

That could very well be.

I'm just really confused at the moment, since everything seemed to shape up really good with Dr. Pepper, a new management and (possible) "listenings" to some of the new songs with other major music company suits.

What makes me think that people are reading too much into it? Well, the fact that Robin hardly has done anything outside of GN'R during these last years and now makes a complete 180 with rejoining Nine Inch Nails (which is a VERY big act compared to Frank playing in New York at a club or something in that matter) for touring may cause people to believe that he's leaving Guns N' Roses for good instead of thinking that it might just be something to keep him occupied until the new management and Axl decides to do something "radical" with GN'R and Chinese Democracy.

I don't know. I just don't know.

This whole thing makes me think about Buckethead coming back, which I can't explain either.

me too - i have thought that since axl's statement responding to the dr pepper stance in addition to that being the rumor a few years back.

in which case bumblefoot may be done for the time being as well since he was replacing bucket.

IMO bucket/fortus is the best combo available so that would be cool with me

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
war wrote:

in which case bumblefoot may be done for the time being as well since he was replacing bucket.

Would be cool to go back to a guitar tandem.  If they do that and drop a keyboard player, it would look like a real band again.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
Backslash wrote:
war wrote:

Would be cool to go back to a guitar tandem.  If they do that and drop a keyboard player, it would look like a real band again.

it should be bucket and finck however....  sorry, i don`t see fortus great talent. is it because he managed to play the rocket queen and first november rain solo live? i guess most fortus fans like him because he resembles izzy...

face it, fortus is probably the only member of the 2002 gnr line up, that could be replaced by anyone. even pitman and dizzy shouldn`t be underestimated.

if finck leaves, now even the harcore fans of the new band won´t support this mess anymore (after the hardcore fans of the old gnr stopped 10 years ago obviously...)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I agree that a Finck departure is a major blow to the CD era fanbase. He is the one that the younger gen of fans(and some older as well) identify with in that role. Love him or hate him, Finck leaving creates a void that will be difficult to fulfill.

However, there's a pot on my stove that's cooking, and it smells like a reunion.

Axl hires new management

VR implode

Finck's status up in the air and not available for at LEAST a year

Other CD era members doing their own projects

Do the math.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

i thought about that as well, james. of course it`s possible, but hard to imagine though. axl would make it seem like he isn`t able to release a record without slash that way, which for all we know he isn`t, but i don´t think he`s able to admit publicly.

at this point i`m just curious to see which worst case scenario is going to become reality....

how ever this plays out, we`ll see chinese democracy in november at the earliest.

I really hope that Robin and GN'R will shed some light on this later today.

I'll pray to God that he decides to stay, it would be a shame to see him go.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I agree that a Finck departure is a major blow to the CD era fanbase. He is the one that the younger gen of fans(and some older as well) identify with in that role. Love him or hate him, Finck leaving creates a void that will be difficult to fulfill.

However, there's a pot on my stove that's cooking, and it smells like a reunion.

Axl hires new management

VR implode

Finck's status up in the air and not available for at LEAST a year

Other CD era members doing their own projects

Do the math.

You're just hoping to avoid the giant elephant turd video...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Finck should cover The Clash's "Should I Stay or Should I Go" on the first date of the NIN tour.......

Board footer