You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Just say no to corporate cash grabs

otto wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

Izzy benefits greatly from the sort of eulogising and myth making normally reserved for dead artists. I think it's a result of the fact that he's so low-key, he might as well be with Cobain.

Really?

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

Yes. Apparently Axl, Slash and Duff can't write a song without him.

It's ridiculous imo.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

It's ridiculous imo.

They can't write a GN'R song without him. They were all important pieces to the puzzle.

otto

otto wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

It's ridiculous imo.

And in your opinion to suggest he should be dead like Cobain is the way to Deal with it?

Kudos for you, sir!

otto

otto wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

It's ridiculous imo.

They can't write a GN'R song without him. They were all important pieces to the puzzle.

This.

AtariLegend wrote:

You know it's funny. The backlash to Duff and Izzy on fanboards each time they played with Axl, I don't think is going to be there when Slash plays with Axl.

Assuming the line-up is what it is, then the only difference this time around is Slash has rejoined tongue. Duff's practically played as many shows as Tommy over the past few years/gig runs.

Is anyone going to say Slash is "spineless" or that they've "lost respect" for Slash in the same way certain people (not pointing fingers) in this very thread called Izzy and Duff?

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:
otto wrote:
AtomsNest wrote:

It's ridiculous imo.

And in your opinion to suggest he should be dead like Cobain is the way to Deal with it?

Kudos for you, sir!

I never said he should be dead, don't twist my words. I said he might as well be dead. Which was a follow on from my point that people treat him like a dead artist, with all the mythologising done about him. Axl, Slash and Duff can and did write songs without him, both GNR and otherwise. No one sits here and says Izzy can't do x without the others, despite that fact that his work was as equally elevated by their input as verse versa. People go overboard with him.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

oh wow.

sure, all the guys have written good songs, without Izzy.

But the best songs in GnR, have Izzy's involvement.    And it took them 16 years to put out an album without him, pretty much with an entirely new cast of bandmates.

If Izzy is involved in the songwriting, the result will likely yield better songs.      If he's not, that's not to say that some good stuff can't come out.

The good thing is, they probably don't need to write any new songs between what is in the vaults and CDII.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't remember any backlash against Izzy when he started performing with new GNR. I remember nerds going ape shit and being on their knees begging for Dust N Bones and 14 Years. Even hardcore CD fans were happy he was there.

Who "lost respect" for Izzy and Duff?

Of course there will be no backlash to Slash joining. Even hardcore new GNR fans are happy now. The CD era was going nowhere and fans of Bucket, Finck,etc. could see that what they supported years ago was being diluted to the point of nonexistence.  Look at the 2001 lineup and then look at the 2014 lineup. Of course everyone was pining for a reunion.  The main people who made new GNR interesting(besides Axl) were long gone.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

When I saw Izzy in 2006 come out with the band for the first time in New York, there were a lot of happy people.    No one looked disappointed to me.

Board footer