You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

James wrote:

Its underway now. Round 1 of the primary season. Depending on how some of these guys rank, we might see a handful drop out of the race, at least I hope. I assume all of them will hang in until New Hampshire though.

Praying for a Trump landslide here and even though I don't like Sanders,  I hope he knocks Hilary down temporarily. Give her a 'moment of pause'.

James

James wrote:

18% reporting   

Cruz 30%

Trump 27.2%

Rubio 18.7%

Carson 10%

Paul 4.4%

Bush 2.3%

Huckabee 1.8%

Fiorina 1.8%

Kasich 1.4%

Christie 1.2%

Santorum 1.2%

Gilmore 0%

-----------

34% reporting

Clinton 52%

Sanders 48%

James

James wrote:

Anyone in single digits needs to drop out immediately.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Geez...the amount of Republican candidates is embarrassing

I'm surprised more haven't dropped out already

James

James wrote:

Yeah its a mess and may have even played a role in the rise of Trump and how no other candidate can catch on to that extent. Its spread too thin. Most will start dropping out this month. I cant see how they can continue to get donations when only pulling in a handful of votes.

Hilary is in deep doo doo if Sanders wins Iowa. Hillary lost in Iowa in 2008 and then we saw the rise of Obama.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Trump in danger of falling to third.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Trump in danger of falling to third.

WOW. 18 I thought Trump was a runaway train but IF he winds up in third I think we MIGHT be witnessing the beginning of the end of his candidacy. He has great ideas but the way he delivers his message may be simply too abrasive for most people. The insults don't help much either.

He needed the "silent majority" to propel him into the presidency. Without them he never had a chance. This silent majority may stay silent.

edit: I always liked Kasich but he's got to drop out. He simply has no chance. He deserves a cabinet position no matter who wins the presidency. I also liked Christie but that guy has got some baggage.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Trump definitely lost tonight when you look at the "expectations" game.  Clinton and Sanders are in a dead heat right now.  Rubio did better than expected so he's a winner.  The rest of the Republican field doesn't have a chance.  It's still a clusterfuck in the GOP.  Sanders should win NH.  The Southern States will be the real test.  I still think Clinton comes out on top but it's still early. 

I always wondered about Trump's "ground game" in Iowa.  I wonder if it was a major factor in his showing tonight.

James

James wrote:

Trump came in 2nd. Clinton and Sanders tied. This election has just gotten even more interesting.

IMO if Clinton gets the nom, she HAS to pick Sanders as VP just as a strategic move. He clearly resonates with many Americans and like Reagan, he's a great grandpa that is able to pull in young voters.

Its going to be interesting to see how Trump moves forward with one loss under his belt. He felt unbeatable until tonight. He can write it off as "just a caucus" but it shows that Cruz is a legit contender.

NH is key.

slashsfro, I agree that Trump did not take Iowa seriously enough. You gotta pound the pavement in ALL these states and don't just write off states due to caucuses or small amounts of electoral votes. Take the Kennedy and Reagan route.....hit the whole damn country with a sledgehammer....not just the key states. Make all Americans feel as if they are important to the election, not just CA, TX, Fla,etc.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Given who has won the GOP Iowa caucuses prior, I don't give this much weight. Same for Dems.

Board footer