You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Re: GUNS N' ROSES Rumor: IZZY STRADLIN To Take Limited Role In Reunion Rea

Of course, its GnR so its unpredictable and no one knows if it will last.

But the value in a Axl/Slash/Duff tour this year, and then next year do the AFD 5, would be huge for ticket sales and marketing purposes.

I'm not even convinced Adler could handle a full on tour.     I just assume they keep Frank.  Don't like Matt that much.  But from a marketing standpoint, it makes sense to hold off on the AFD 5 for another day.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Blabbermouth, altnation, mygnr... Those are the perfect ingredients for a bullshit stew.

RaZor wrote:

but this article is nothing but a circle jerk.

misterID wrote:

Saying Izzy will be involved isn't an earthshatteting development or big assumption, the dude has played on every other GNR tour for the last 10 years. This just in, water is wet. 16

AtariLegend wrote:

It's just "insiders" predicting the safe things we already knew or expected. It's really quite obnoxious.

Absolutely. When I saw the headline I knew it would be "rumors" coming from one of those three. Lke Atari says, its just claiming 'captain obvious' shit because history and common sense is on your side. If it doesn't pan out, they just whip out the "plans changed" excuse and move on to the next one.

Its one of the reasons why management needs to do a better job. There weren't "insiders" posting on Soundgarden forums during their reunion because they weren't needed and anything they would say didn't matter anyways. A subculture was never allowed to be created around such people. When a band and/or its management releases info on a regular basis through proper channels, you dont see garbage like this become entrenched in the fan sites.

Besides, five seconds after Slash mentioned he had talked to Axl fans were already theorizing Adler and Izzy would be involved. This wasn't even news 5-6 months ago yet it is today?

But the value in a Axl/Slash/Duff tour this year, and then next year do the AFD 5, would be huge for ticket sales and marketing purposes.

This is a good point but like BLS said, there's a chance it wont last that long. If there's a real shot at an AFD 5 shindig, one show should happen at some point this year even if there are plans for anniversary shows in 2017.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

Blabbermouth, altnation, mygnr... Those are the perfect ingredients for a bullshit stew.

RaZor wrote:

but this article is nothing but a circle jerk.

misterID wrote:

Saying Izzy will be involved isn't an earthshatteting development or big assumption, the dude has played on every other GNR tour for the last 10 years. This just in, water is wet. 16

AtariLegend wrote:

It's just "insiders" predicting the safe things we already knew or expected. It's really quite obnoxious.

Absolutely. When I saw the headline I knew it would be "rumors" coming from one of those three. Lke Atari says, its just claiming 'captain obvious' shit because history and common sense is on your side. If it doesn't pan out, they just whip out the "plans changed" excuse and move on to the next one.

Its one of the reasons why management needs to do a better job. There weren't "insiders" posting on Soundgarden forums during their reunion because they weren't needed and anything they would say didn't matter anyways. A subculture was never allowed to be created around such people. When a band and/or its management releases info on a regular basis through proper channels, you dont see garbage like this become entrenched in the fan sites.

Besides, five seconds after Slash mentioned he had talked to Axl fans were already theorizing Adler and Izzy would be involved. This wasn't even news 5-6 months ago yet it is today?

This is a good point but like BLS said, there's a chance it wont last that long. If there's a real shot at an AFD 5 shindig, one show should happen at some point this year even if there are plans for anniversary shows in 2017.

Said it before and I'll say it again: they'll do the hybrid line-up with Rolling Stones-style guest appearances from the old members this year, then wheel out the AFD five for a couple of "very special" gigs where they play the whole album for the 30th anniversary. It makes commercial sense.

Mama's Good Boy

Yea, they can potentially include Izzy in something, and potentially include Steven in something, but they shouldn't do all 5 together at first.   

Axl/Slash/Duff alone are selling out stadiums.     Would they still do that in a few years?    Yes, if they could market it as the AFD 5.

Sky Dog wrote:
misterID wrote:

too funny...what's really funny is that for once, there is really nothing to say anymore. Huge shows booked...selling great, etc. No reason to debate the lineup as you will know soon enough.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Yea, they can potentially include Izzy in something, and potentially include Steven in something, but they shouldn't do all 5 together at first.   

Axl/Slash/Duff alone are selling out stadiums.     Would they still do that in a few years?    Yes, if they could market it as the AFD 5.

They don't have time to wait for 2017. Get the reunion of AFD 5 over with and start recording new music.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

AFD 5 probably isn't going to happen in any circumstance outside a couple songs. Steven and Izzy are not as commercially viable to GNR as some of you think.

Mama's Good Boy

misterID wrote:

AFD 5 probably isn't going to happen in any circumstance outside a couple songs. Steven and Izzy are not as commercially viable to GNR as some of you think.

Izzy is, but his actions since 1991 indicate he doesn't want full time involvement.

He comes and plays with the band when he wants.   

Steven, I agree.  Long term, he is not a fit in GnR anymore.   But would be nice if they did a few shows with just the AFD 5 on the 30th anniversary.

Mama's Good Boy

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

They don't have time to wait for 2017. Get the reunion of AFD 5 over with and start recording new music.

As a fan, I get where you are coming from.

But from a business perspective, it makes sense to milk it as long as possible.    So getting the AFD 5 together in Vegas or Coachella doesn't make as much sense from a $$$$ perspective when you see the tickets selling how they are with just Axl/Slash/Duff.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
misterID wrote:

Izzy is, but his actions since 1991 indicate he doesn't want full time involvement.

He comes and plays with the band when he wants.   

Steven, I agree.  Long term, he is not a fit in GnR anymore.   But would be nice if they did a few shows with just the AFD 5 on the 30th anniversary.

I love Izzy, but he's nowhere near Slash level importance to the average Joe. He's already played with both GNR and VR and it was bigger news when Duff guested with GNR. I don't see GNR having any bigger impact than they are right now. It's actually pretty damn huge right now. Izzy and Steven don't bring anything more than pure sentimentality with some hardcore's, IMO.

Board footer