You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump will never win a general election.

Guns N Roses will never reunite.

And they haven't and won't, they just rejoined the band tongue

This clown show is not indicative of a GE. Just wait, everything you love about Trump now, just wait until he has to appeal to women, blacks, Hispanics and bluedogs and how his schtick changes.

BTW, Obama's vetting of the republican Governor for the supreme court vacancy is brilliant. I didn't see that coming.

I think Obama is trying to pick a person that can pass unanimously. I respect him for trying to find somebody in the middle. So props to President Obama for that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

aDQN9.png

Just got back from the future. Those are the results in the Trump-Hillary election.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

http://www.270towin.com/presidential_ma … /aDQN9.png

Just got back from the future. Those are the results in the Trump-Hillary election.

Back on the crack pipe with Robert Downey Jr. I see.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

BTW, Obama's vetting of the republican Governor for the supreme court vacancy is brilliant. I didn't see that coming.

Obama has made similar moves like this prior. He is always playing chess while the GOP is playing checkers. He'll vet a middle of the road conservative, and the Republicans will STILL protest it, wait and see.

Give 'em enough rope to hang themselves...and this group of Republicans always will.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If all the shit Hilary has done so far hasn't scared people off, she could pretty much kill someone on national TV and gain votes.

The rest of the country doesn't reside in the far right wing bubble. While some accusations have merit, the rest is unsubstantiated (after 13 investigations for instance) and hyperbolic hysteria served up to the right wing base. It works for that core constituency, but not for everybody else. Sometimes I wish Republicans would just turn off the media for a while, then honestly ask themselves if it's possible for every Democratic leader to be so inherently evil/dishonest/dismissive of the COTUS. Or if perhaps they're being whipped into a frenzy by an unending GOP media m machine. Any message wrapped in fear, or has the sole purpose of making you angry/afraid, should make you question the messenger(s.)

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Trump will never win a general election.

Guns N Roses will never reunite.

And they haven't and won't, they just rejoined the band tongue

This clown show is not indicative of a GE. Just wait, everything you love about Trump now, just wait until he has to appeal to women, blacks, Hispanics and bluedogs and how his schtick changes.

Trump can do this here in the GOP primary, and it will work. He's tearing down Cruz now and will soon move on to Rubio next. What he's said in this primary won't have consequences...yet.

However what he's said will be used against him 24/7 in the General to get women, blacks, Muslims, Latinos etc out to the polls for the Democrats, and it will work quite well. Even if he changes his tune, hey may tone it down, it won't matter. They have all the sound bites they can ever dream of.

Many different fractions of the GOP are mortified at Trump being their nominee and find him repugnant. This isn't some unanimous movement inside the Republican party. This is a hostile take over by a master opportunist, and calculating individual. The libertarian wing, the establishment and fiscal conservatives are mortified but helpless against him. He's won't go into the General with the full support of registered Republicans, and then he has to face the music for what he's said in a country whose demographics are shifting every year away from the GOP. Last election Romney won 59% of the white vote and still lost. The Latino vote is also muy importante, no surprise there, and in 2008 Hillary beat Obama with the Latin voting block during the primaries. Trump will do poorly with single women, minority women, blacks etc. too.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

And I'll also say, as I said to James earlier, even if Trump wins the General, what does that really mean for the GOP? He doesn't represent them. He represents himself, whilst running on a pseudo-conservative platform. He doesn't play by their rules, scolds them for Iraq, says he wants universal healthcare, says he'll raise taxes on the wealthy, says he's against (in theory) super PACS, he's clearly not religious, says Planned Parenthood is a good thing for women (sans abortion) and has supported many liberal ideas/politicians even within the last few years (including Pelosi and Clinton.) How is this anything the Republican party can be happy about if he takes the White House? He's not going by their playbook now, and he sure as shit won't if he became POTUS. The establishment GOP get very little out of a Trump presidency.

I'm also curious who in the hell would be his running mate. I can't see a professional politician putting himself/herself out there to run as his Veep. The risk to their career would be too high. I would think it would have to be somebody with little to lose.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

http://www.270towin.com/presidential_ma … /aDQN9.png

I actually do see a landslide, but swinging against Trump. I'd say a Trump opponent could win 40+ state, easy.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Cramer wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If all the shit Hilary has done so far hasn't scared people off, she could pretty much kill someone on national TV and gain votes.

The rest of the country doesn't reside in the far right wing bubble. While some accusations have merit, the rest is unsubstantiated (after 13 investigations for instance) and hyperbolic hysteria served up to the right wing base. It works for that core constituency, but not for everybody else. Sometimes I wish Republicans would just turn off the media for a while, then honestly ask themselves if it's possible for every Democratic leader to be so inherently evil/dishonest/dismissive of the COTUS. Or if perhaps they're being whipped into a frenzy by an unending GOP media m machine. Any message wrapped in fear, or has the sole purpose of making you angry/afraid, should make you question the messenger(s.)

I'm not a Republican nor do I watch any of the network news channels with the exception of CNN if some major event is happening.  Even if only half of it is true, the email situation alone should disqualify her.  How the hell can she do that, and then be trusted? 

I've said this a gazillion times here. I am a fiscal conservative and a social liberal. Nobody is representing me. I'll get excited about voting as soon as someone that does actually has a chance. Until then, all these idiots that don't care about you on both sides can blow me. They all suck, so they may as well do what they are best at.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The one thing I like about Trump is that he completely neutered the power of right wing media and the all powerful talk radio (the worst of the fucking worst of liars), I think it should open the door to free thinking conservatives in the future.

Board footer