You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He is bitter that only Duff, Slash, Axl are discussed. That is his page. He was just trying to direct folks to the other page it seems. But I think that is his page. I know Atari loves the guy but I don't think he is currently needed. Oh well. Maybe he is the new Izzy.

I don't think he's bitter about that. I think he spelled it out pretty clearly actually, and I can completely see his point. The vast majority of fans keep harping on wanting Steven and Izzy back as well, as if Slash alone isn't enough. Some unkind words have been spoken about Chris, Richatd, Frank, etc. They don't belong there, they don't deserve this, nobody knows them, nobody cares about them, etc. These guys have kept the band afloat over the last decade or so to get us to where we are today. Not saying we should bow down to them and thank them for making this all possible. But they've stayed loyal to Axl, he obviously likes them. If he wants them involved and feels they're needed going forward. Who are we to say that's wrong? Simple as that really.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

They don't belong there, they don't deserve this, nobody knows them, nobody cares about them, etc. These guys have kept the band afloat over the last decade or so to get us to where we are today.

Ok...as you guys know I personally really enjoy Chinese Democracy...so this is more for the sake of playing devil's advocate...

But the thing is most people in the wider public don't care that the band was kept afloat.

They didn't like Chinese democracy, they don't care for sub-bass or anything that isn't classic rock sounding, they found it comical that GNR turned into a circus act with a guy with a bucket and an alien on guitar.

Here's what the general public see:

2001: Errrrr This Isn't GNR it's a circus
2002: Why does Axl think he is black?
2006: This is listenable but these guys arn't the old band
2009: Can't see this picture quality - is it recorded on an iphone in an ass? Why is there no pro shot?
2010: I never realised Slash had a kid to Mick Mars before.
2012: What happened to Axl he looks sick.
2014: Very Sick.

I know this because this is what I experience every time I try and get one of my friends around to watch a GNR boot with some drinks etc

So that's the thing pitman...you had your 20 years and all that came out of it is 1 album, and a handful of watchable shows, and a larger handful of embarrassments and mistakes.

The general public would almost have preferred GNR wasn't "kept afloat" and was just gone since 1993 only to return now.

As i said, myself I like the newer stuff too, but I've never met anyone else in person who does.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Lol...at least when u show it to people theygive it a go...if I mention gnr I get laughed at

Pitman is obviously being sarcastic here to get the mygnr folks all riled up

faldor

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

They don't belong there, they don't deserve this, nobody knows them, nobody cares about them, etc. These guys have kept the band afloat over the last decade or so to get us to where we are today.

Ok...as you guys know I personally really enjoy Chinese Democracy...so this is more for the sake of playing devil's advocate...

But the thing is most people in the wider public don't care that the band was kept afloat.

They didn't like Chinese democracy, they don't care for sub-bass or anything that isn't classic rock sounding, they found it comical that GNR turned into a circus act with a guy with a bucket and an alien on guitar.

Here's what the general public see:

2001: Errrrr This Isn't GNR it's a circus
2002: Why does Axl think he is black?
2006: This is listenable but these guys arn't the old band
2009: Can't see this picture quality - is it recorded on an iphone in an ass? Why is there no pro shot?
2010: I never realised Slash had a kid to Mick Mars before.
2012: What happened to Axl he looks sick.
2014: Very Sick.

I know this because this is what I experience every time I try and get one of my friends around to watch a GNR boot with some drinks etc

So that's the thing pitman...you had your 20 years and all that came out of it is 1 album, and a handful of watchable shows, and a larger handful of embarrassments and mistakes.

The general public would almost have preferred GNR wasn't "kept afloat" and was just gone since 1993 only to return now.

As i said, myself I like the newer stuff too, but I've never met anyone else in person who does.

I realize that's the public perception, but we can't take away what actually did occur over the last 16 years. They happened. The good, the bad, the ugly. It happened. And if Axl thinks enough of Chris to have him be a part of things going forward, that has to stand for something. The general public doesn't always get things their way. This isn't Burger King. If Izzy and Steven aren't involved, and Chris, Frank, and Richard are, it is what it is. Take it or leave it.

AtariLegend wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Lol...at least when u show it to people theygive it a go...if I mention gnr I get laughed at

Yes, but unfortunately sites that pick up on MYGNR rumors are starting to pick up on this.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/up … k_you.html
http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/02/g … nion-tour/
http://www.gigwise.com/news/105698/guns … money-grab

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Pitman has never cared about public perception tho...has he? I've always got the impression that he likes fucking with people

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

He is bitter that only Duff, Slash, Axl are discussed. That is his page. He was just trying to direct folks to the other page it seems. But I think that is his page. I know Atari loves the guy but I don't think he is currently needed. Oh well. Maybe he is the new Izzy.

I don't think he's bitter about that. I think he spelled it out pretty clearly actually, and I can completely see his point. The vast majority of fans keep harping on wanting Steven and Izzy back as well, as if Slash alone isn't enough. Some unkind words have been spoken about Chris, Richatd, Frank, etc. They don't belong there, they don't deserve this, nobody knows them, nobody cares about them, etc. These guys have kept the band afloat over the last decade or so to get us to where we are today. Not saying we should bow down to them and thank them for making this all possible. But they've stayed loyal to Axl, he obviously likes them. If he wants them involved and feels they're needed going forward. Who are we to say that's wrong? Simple as that really.

We're seeing the byproduct of the Chinese Democracy era. This is what happens when you wont promote it as a band....any remnants remaining aren't take  seriously because they weren't taken seriously before. The only members with any real cred were Stinson, Bucket, and Brain. Ashba to an extent since he had a bunch of fans, maybe Finck but he was too quiet during his tenure.

You have to go back to 1991 to find an official photo of GNR. It doesn't mean that the CD era members suck, it just means they weren't properly promoted.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Pitman has never cared about public perception tho...has he? I've always got the impression that he likes fucking with people

Apparently he does now. Or so it seems

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Neemo, the guy has issues. He isn't fucking with MyGNR. I think this is how he feels. Seems very bitter.

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

We're seeing the byproduct of the Chinese Democracy era. This is what happens when you wont promote it as a band....any remnants remaining aren't take  seriously because they weren't taken seriously before. The only members with any real cred were Stinson, Bucket, and Brain. Ashba to an extent since he had a bunch of fans, maybe Finck but he was too quiet during his tenure.

You have to go back to 1991 to find an official photo of GNR. It doesn't mean that the CD era members suck, it just means they weren't properly promoted.

You wonder how different things might have been if more of an effort was made in terms of promotion and such. I'd venture to guess that plenty of people would still not have accepted a Slashless GNR. But it's quite possible more people would've taken them seriously if given legitimate reasons to. I'm not sure how much of a difference it'd make in terms of this pseudo reunion though. People still would want the originals, or version 2. Who knows if we'd even be at this point right now if the CD era had gone differently and ultimately better received. Maybe, everything happens for a reason.

Board footer