You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GN'R Twitter Updates

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree that Cornell, and especially Brain don't go to Pitman levels, but you can with Cornell you can definitely see that when Cornell starts being Cornell, people get nervous, and Ben Shepard gets fucking infuriated. He can't stand it. Even today.

Pitman is that same category. But way way way down the totem pole. Most people do not get that Pitman is joking, like Cornell, almost half the time.

And btw, I have, and if anyone has talked to people that know Cornell. Like people that grew up with him. Same neighborhood, early bands.... Chris is still Chris. Cornell was ALWAYS like that. Even on the side.

In other words, I think if we all knew Pitman more personally, we'd know his verbage and style, and like ID said, when he's been an "Axl smartass". Pitman channels Axl alot, but Axl, unlike Cornell & Pitman, Axl is genuinely a funny guy and has great timing. Pitman does not.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's really the inactivity I think that gives guys like pittman a hard time, I mean most people seem to accept Dizzy and Matt and that's just cos they were lucky enough to get aboard before Axl's solitude train had really left the station as much.

Basically if Pittman had joined instead of Dizzy for UYI people would accept him. So it's not really his fault.

Must be tough actually for the new GNR guys if this version of the band gets active, most of them probably believed in the CD dream too at some stage.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree. The only reason these guys get a hard time is because they came AFTER what many consider old Guns. Most casual fans don't even realize that by 1992-93, it was only Axl, Slash & Duff and hired Guns, no different than now. The only reason Dizzy gets more street cred is because Dizzy has the 2nd longest tenure in the band behind Axl, and has actual written material on Chinese.

And even still, the hardcores dismiss Dizzy without hesistation.

That other video showing Axl, Slash, Izzy & Duff with that other guy filling in for Steven, I frankly thought the drums sounded better than Steven. Steven is not that hard to replace. Frank is the better drummer. But Frank will never, ever be accepted, because they see that era as sacred.

But with Chris being in the band since 1998, Chris actually has the 3rd longest tenure in the band at 18 years, behind Dizzy. Chris deserves more respect than being harrassed by trolls.

This kind of stuff was bound to happen when Axl, Slash & Duff decided to reboot the band by re-branding it back to 1993 as Axl, Slash & Duff being GN'R. When that happened, everything changed. This was my worry. Even Dizzy Reed is being talked about in the press as "a replacement keyboardist in Axl's band".

Dizzy Reed is in the Hall of fucking Fame as Guns N' Roses KEYBOARDIST!

What the fuck?

But the media, and all these 21 year old bloggers writing and recording videos on YouTube (*cough Consequence of Sound *cough cough*), are so fucking clueless about the history of the band, that anything not Matt Sorum post-1990 is seen as replacement players and NOT GN'R. Fuck them.

And they've ran out the door with that narrative. And all the sheeple are now harassing the band members who basically because of the gag order cannot defend themselves.

Most would say, "get rid of social media", but some guys do have a life outside of Guns. In 2016 these guys NEED social media to survive in this day. Chris can't just fuck off from the world like Axl. He doesn't have a mountain of money. Even Slash & Duff (minus Hollywood Vamps) have basically just disappeared. Why? They can afford it.

But anyways...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Pitmans FB account was 100% real, I had a good look at it. It goes back years and it showed him chatting back and forth with people who clearly knew him on a personal level.

I think he's  bit of a wanker as well, comes across awfully smug even though he hasnt brought much to the table, I think he's been more a drinking buddy of Axl's than anything else in GNR  for a long time.
I dont think he was messing when he called mygnr cunts and dildos, same as he wasnt messing when in the same conversation someone asked if he'd sign up to a new gnr board, cant remember the exact quote but he responded like "No thanks brother, chatting with a bunch of reunionists and anonymous assholes isnt my idea of a fun time." He's not having a go at mygnr there but forums in general, and he's not joking either, just getting straight to the point.
Fair do's imo, it doesnt bother me in the slightest what he says about forums. I found it pretty funny, at least the dudes honest, the forums are full of arseholes. He was probably sitting at home drunk when he was posting which makes it even funnier 14

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Didn't Ron lash out a few times as well? Didn't he come here and tell Divney to fuck off or is my memory hazy on that? I think he also lashed out at mygnr as well. Ron also complained about some other posts here as well but I think he was a good sport about it to a degree.

Haha I'd forgot about this!
In my defence my tongue was firmly in my cheek on that one & it may have got lost in translation over the Internet..

Ron should come back & post some now he's got some more free time on his hands..

Yea I must be a bit like Pitman, "he just says stupid shit only he thinks is funny."

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Pitmans FB account was 100% real, I had a good look at it. It goes back years and it showed him chatting back and forth with people who clearly knew him on a personal level.

I think he's  bit of a wanker as well, comes across awfully smug even though he hasnt brought much to the table, I think he's been more a drinking buddy of Axl's than anything else in GNR  for a long time.
I dont think he was messing when he called mygnr cunts and dildos, same as he wasnt messing when in the same conversation someone asked if he'd sign up to a new gnr board, cant remember the exact quote but he responded like "No thanks brother, chatting with a bunch of reunionists and anonymous assholes isnt my idea of a fun time." He's not having a go at mygnr there but forums in general, and he's not joking either, just getting straight to the point.
Fair do's imo, it doesnt bother me in the slightest what he says about forums. I found it pretty funny, at least the dudes honest, the forums are full of arseholes. He was probably sitting at home drunk when he was posting which makes it even funnier 14

Kinda sums up my opinions of the GNR forums - Pitman is quite astute - lol

I find it refreshing too when someone will speak their mind rather than produce some politically correct comment that every man and his dog knows is not how they truly feel.

On a GNR note, I personally don't see pitmans value to this band other than being a cool guy to have a beer with.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I find it refreshing too when someone will speak their mind rather than produce some politically correct comment that every man and his dog knows is not how they truly feel.

On a GNR note, I personally don't see pitmans value to this band other than being a cool guy to have a beer with.

Aussie, prepare to be attacked! Chris has kept GNR afloat for 20 years and deserves respect is what you are about to hear.

But I post on MyGNR. I have never gone after him on Twitter or Facebook. He took a broad brush and judged everyone on a forum. Oh well. I think it was small of him.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Aussie wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Aussie, prepare to be attacked! Chris has kept GNR afloat for 20 years and deserves respect is what you are about to hear.

But I post on MyGNR. I have never gone after him on Twitter or Facebook. He took a broad brush and judged everyone on a forum. Oh well. I think it was small of him.

Way to take my comment and blow it out of proportion. YOU, have posted some pretty negative things about Chris yourself. YOU are one of the people I think he's lashing out at. He's not saying everyone who posts on mygnr is a dildo. YOU are making that broad generalization.

I don't know if I'd go so far to say he deserves respect, but I don't think he deserves to be called useless. He had a pretty important role in the creation of CD, like it or not. If this was strictly a reunion, then I'd agree, he wouldn't really be needed. But it seems Axl views this as more of a progression with an obvious dip into the golden years. But if he feels Chris is important moving forward, then you don't have to like it, but you might have to accept it.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

6 weeks ago:

Chris Pitman wrote:

I was just informed by mgmt to not acknowledge anything about coachella, gnr, etc.  So there, denied! #GamesForDays

https://twitter.com/CPitmanofficial/sta … 1775545344

Lately:

Chris Pitman FB wrote:

"this is a nostalgia tour, please dont mention those who are there the last 20 fkg years.,,, oh god no! ....(a money grab) FU"

First, Pitman is Axl's boy, all the way from the inital Maddy experiments with Youth.
Second, he's been hanging out with Axl a lot in the studio during the last 1,5 years.
Third, 'please don't mention' refers to people promoting the shows as they'd plead the band.

Conclusion: This is Axl, telling Pitman to post his sentiments. I seriously doubt Pitman would air his discontent in public before having a word with Axl. That would be sending away the bread truck.

Axl's having a go at a 'reunion', as, in his book, that reads as 'caving in'.

Board footer