You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Izzy Stradlin 'Stuck in the Middle With You'

Smoking Guns wrote:

ID and Will can accept this all at face value. That is there right to ignore the elephant in the room and I have no problem with it. Izzy doesn't follow any gunners and sings songs that seems to be sending messages. Nothing to see here guys!! Izzy is just having fun like he always does, I mean just starting doing, FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN THE HISTORY OF HIS 50+ years of his life. Carry on..... Just enjoy it.... 2

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

If it's about money, I can see his point.  He is a founding member of GNR and if he thinks he deserving more than touring member money, I have no issue with that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Will does make a great point. While fans are going ape shit....Izzy is delivering the goods. Two songs in a week? Not bad for a starved fan base.

Izzy was incessantly trolled for days. Bri has a point...maybe this one IS aimed at the fans. Either way, I'm enjoying it because he's doing some really damn good covers and I hope it doesn't stop with this song. If Izzy is aiming messages at fans and/or the band.....good. He was quiet for too long. Some fans act like he means nothing while cheering his replacement who cant sing or write a song. GNR have thrown some shit his way over the years as well. Why cant Izzy do the same and/or have a little fun with what's going on right now. SG is right..most exciting time since 1991....and look who is speaking out and freely giving fans music while GNR is still in sooper sekrit, Scooby Doo mystery mode?

Izzy doesn't have a gag ball in his mouth(or he did but spit it out) and I for one am glad.

Imagine the GNR discography without his input. NONE of us are GNR fans right now because AFD never explodes without him. Don't even need to take Lies or UYI into consideration even though he had a huge impact on those albums as well.

People offended at what Izzy is doing? At least he doesn't go around labeling other GNR members a cancer or trying to minimize their contributions in a live and studio setting.

Major Mayhem
 Rep: 6 

Major Mayhem wrote:

This week's songs are the beginning of his version of Chinese Democracy?

James

James wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

This week's songs are the beginning of his version of Chinese Democracy?

Maybe...except it takes Izzy two days instead of 10 years to whip up. 16 15

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

He is playing old cover songs.

He has an agenda.

He didn't just happen to discover Twitter last week (5 weeks before reunion of sorts) and start posting.

Something is prompting this new behavior that we are currently enjoying. But the deeper question for me is "why now?". 

Izzy knows he is running out of time which is why he is trying to garner fan support via that Twitta. If he can show that there is an out pouring of love and affection for him maybe he will get more money thrown his way and be more than a foot note.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe he just...wanted to? I don't think Izzy is going to play games. He came out and bluntly said what was up. I think GNR fans are friggin programmed to look for hidden meanings in every little kernal of anything anyone associated with GNR does or says, because we're used to getting so little information.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Maybe he just...wanted to? I don't think Izzy is going to play games. He came out and bluntly said what was up. I think GNR fans are friggin programmed to look for hidden meanings in every little kernal of anything anyone associated with GNR does or says, because we're used to getting so little information.

That's certainly true. Its a starving fan base that has endured a bizarre saga that probably shouldn't have even happened in the first place and that's not a dig at CD era members or the material itself.

Look at what transpired 1994-2015. There's some alternate universe out there where Izzy never leaves, Axl and Slash don't draw a line in the sand, Chinese Democracy doesn't exist, they are the Stones of Gen X and have a similar output as U2.

He is playing old cover songs.

He has an agenda.

He didn't just happen to discover Twitter last week (5 weeks before reunion of sorts) and start posting.

Something is prompting this new behavior that we are currently enjoying. But the deeper question for me is "why now?".

Izzy knows he is running out of time which is why he is trying to garner fan support via that Twitta. If he can show that there is an out pouring of love and affection for him maybe he will get more money thrown his way and be more than a foot note.

If my intentions are misunderstood
Please be kind

tongue

Stuff like this is great for hardcore fans. Adds a new element to the drama, Izzy is reaching out to fans, giving us killer renditions of songs(keep em coming), but the fan base is technically on the outside looking in. Why do some fans assume he hasn't talked to Axl, Slash,etc. and has to do so through Twitter? I highly doubt he is unable to contact them. Someone in his position would certainly know their phone numbers, where they live, and where they currently are now.

You're right though....he sure has great timing.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

We were absolute psychos in 02-06 about trying to find secret meanings and hidden messages in everything. 16

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

We were absolute psychos in 02-06 about trying to find secret meanings and hidden messages in everything. 16

ID, just because we have been tourmented being GNR fans doesn't mean all conspiracy theories are wrong. EVENTUALLY we will be right on one. Ha

Board footer