You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: New Autographed GUNS N' ROSES Drumhead Appears To Confirm Lineup

Will wrote:

A brand new GUNS N' ROSES autographed drumhead has been donated by the band to be auctioned off at a benefit concert for the people of Flint, Michigan who were affected by the water contamination crisis.

A photo of the drumhead — which apparently features the signatures of singer Axl Rose, guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan, keyboardist Dizzy Reed, drummer Frank Ferrer and guitarist Richard Fortus — can be seen below. The picture was tweeted by Canadian rock journalist Mitch Lafon after it was originally posted by Sureshan Pather, who is apparently involved in the auction.

The concert, which will be held on Tuesday, March 15 at Beast Of Bourbon in Brooklyn, New York, will be headlined by MULE KICK, which features Ferrer alongside Rob Bailey, Rob Clores and Brett Bass.

GUNS N' ROSES has six shows scheduled so far, all in April: two at the Coachella Music And Arts Festival, two in Las Vegas and two in Mexico City. The exact band lineup has yet to be confirmed.

A new Twitter account purportedly belonging to former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Izzy Stradlin appeared late last month on the social media site. In one of his tweets, Izzy said that he has "no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows."

It's been speculated that Stradlin would have some limited involvement — such as a guest appearance — at some of the upcoming GUNS N' ROSES reunion concerts, which currently feature Slash, Rose and McKagan.

The rest of the band's lineup for the shows — and a potential tour later in the year — remains unclear, although Reed, Fortus and Ferrer are all believed to be involved.

Fan speculation around the involvement of original drummer Steven Adler has been heavy, with the bandmembers not sure whether Adler, who has a longer history of drug problems than any of the other members, can hold it together on the road.

http://twitter.com/1On1WithMitch/status/709515264380051456

Source: Blabbermouth

Pitman could be out afterall.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Seeing Slash, Duff, and Axl on the same drum head is pretty rad.

AtariLegend wrote:

I'd guess that confirms the line-up for those who still weren't convinced. I guess Pitman is staying as studio only.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'd guess that confirms the line-up for those who still weren't convinced. I guess Pitman is staying as studio only.

You can shower me with praise now...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yep. That seals it for the public. Lineup now officially out in the open. Pitman is history and they decided to ditch the 3 guitarist set up(thank you) and only time we'll ever see a different guitarist onstage is if Izzy takes the stage at some point.

Everyone here knows I am no big fan of Fortus but it doesn't bother me including him. This lineup is solid and Fortus can certainly handle rhythm on any of the tracks.

Its the UYI lineup minus Matt and Izzy. I love Izzy, hope he plays future shows(specifically bay area dates), but I'll support them 100%. Now release something for me to buy to show that support. 16

I still think an AFD shindig will happen at some point...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I have no problem with Fortus he's a great guitarist and I think he'll work very well with Slash.

I think it's a bit criminal to go with frank however - as Matt has fearsome chemistry with Duff and Slash. They sounded amazing both on UYI tour and in VR and Kings of Chaos. Matt and Duff just lock in together. Frank will be adequate but it's not going to be the same.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Outside of Frank, this is a solid lineup. No useless extra keyboards (Axl and Dizzy suffice) and I really want to see Slash and Fortus' chemistry on stage. In many ways Richard is at Slash level and may even be better technically, so it'll be interesting them two up there. Slash will have to be on his game that's for sure, and he's been playing the best of his career with the Conspirators, so I'm sure he'll bring it

DtM51
 Rep: 6 

DtM51 wrote:

Maybe, just maybe they will play at the flint Michigan benefit concert?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I have no problem with Fortus he's a great guitarist and I think he'll work very well with Slash.

I think it's a bit criminal to go with frank however - as Matt has fearsome chemistry with Duff and Slash. They sounded amazing both on UYI tour and in VR and Kings of Chaos. Matt and Duff just lock in together. Frank will be adequate but it's not going to be the same.

I'm not a big fan of Frank either but its kinda funny how Fortus is peaches and cream but Frank's inclusion is "criminal". Its the same thing...a compromise....a hybrid...whatever.

Its the UYI lineup with the two recent CD era members that weren't expendable under the circumstances. They ditched the dead weight that was remaining...Pitman(no offense)....and kept what was left to get this show on the road. Had Fortus bailed to join a Rihanna tour last year and DJ had stayed, it would be DJ in that slot. Had Brain never left and Frank never been involved...it would be Brain.

Right place, right time for the Chinese guys involved in this. period.

This lineup is pretty revealing on how it played out behind the scenes.

Slash/Duff red team

Axl has Fortus and Frank on the blue team

Dizzy sorta neutral as he's been on both sides of the fence and cant/wont rock boats.

Get rid of Pitman....as a cost cutting measure and/or to keep the hybrid fairly even.

It balances out.

Hit the road, hopefully its successful, put something out there, take a rain check on the AFD shindig and put it on the backburner.

DtM51 wrote:

Maybe, just maybe they will play at the flint Michigan benefit concert?

GREAT idea. Would certainly bring even more attention to the problem.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

its kinda funny how Fortus is peaches and cream but Frank's inclusion is "criminal". Its the same thing...a compromise....a hybrid...whatever.

It's not though. I know Slash sounds good with nearly any rhythm guitarist. In fact I know the rhythm guitar parts are largely irrelevant to the sound of GNR. It's very hard to even hear izzy's parts as distinct from the rhythms also played by slash on UYI. Izzy might be useful for songwriting and so on - but in the live setting it really doesn't make a lot of difference. The 1992 and 1993 tours displayed that.

Meanwhile Matt and Duff have proven fantastic chemistry in a live setting. VR doesn't even have that many awesome songs but I know a bunch of people who will say the contraband live shows are amongst the best gigs they saw, let alone the UYI tour.

To me the absence of matt will make a more impressionable difference to the sound than the absence of Izzy.

Also in the scheme of guitarists I'd say Richard is higher ranked than Frank is in the scheme of drummers.

James Lofton wrote:

Had Fortus bailed to join a Rihanna tour last year and DJ had stayed, it would be DJ in that slot. Had Brain never left and Frank never been involved...it would be Brain.

I agree about Brain - but Slash and DJ side by side would be kind of absurd. Both wearing their respective top hats - both arching into the same guitar lord poses and both lighting up a smoke during patience. Give me a break!

Board footer