You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Dan Vigilante
 Rep: 0 

Re: Axl Rose reality show proposed

Lol, there is just no way axl would agree to this!

buzzsaw wrote:

This would be the dumbest idea for a reality show ever.  A reality show about how to not release an album wouldn't exactly be most people's idea of entertainment.  How long can they show Axl sitting at a piano doing nothing anyway?

Since when are reality TV shows anyones idea of entertainment? If people watch other people sit in a room all day, I'm sure they would watch Axl Rose sit on his ass and play with the mixers.
But yeah, I dont really think it will go ahead.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the dog poop episode is gonna be funny 9

ibelieveinaxl
 Rep: 4 

Backslash wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

This story isn't true.

/jarmo

Thank you.

How does Jarmo know?  Seriously... just because it isn't confirmed by GNR, doesn't mean no one's looking to get a reality show with Axl.  The story doesn't say anywhere that a reality show is definitely happening...

you are exactly right. why do people think //// has all the answers? he doesnt. lets stick to info straight from the band and not from somebody who thinks he is in the band...

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
ibelieveinaxl wrote:
Backslash wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

This story isn't true.

/jarmo

Thank you.

How does Jarmo know?  Seriously... just because it isn't confirmed by GNR, doesn't mean no one's looking to get a reality show with Axl.  The story doesn't say anywhere that a reality show is definitely happening...

you are exactly right. why do people think //// has all the answers? he doesnt. lets stick to info straight from the band and not from somebody who thinks he is in the band...

We don't need to turn this into a bash Jarmo thread...

My point was that the article IS true... no where in it does it say that Axl will be in a reality show (which would be untrue).  It says he was approached to do one... Two entirely different things in my book.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

buzzsaw wrote:

This would be the dumbest idea for a reality show ever.  A reality show about how to not release an album wouldn't exactly be most people's idea of entertainment.  How long can they show Axl sitting at a piano doing nothing anyway?

To me it seems a lot like Some Kind of Monster - but better, as it's issues and problems from well over a decade trying to be wrapped up.

There could be a great documentary made about CD if it was allowed by Axl.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Communist China wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

To me it seems a lot like Some Kind of Monster - but better, as it's issues and problems from well over a decade trying to be wrapped up.

There could be a great documentary made about CD if it was allowed by Axl.

There could be, but there won't be.  The most interesting parts have already happened and if we're to believe what we're told, all that's left is negotiating that will never be done out in the public.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The new (still untitled) reality show would follow Rose and his band as they prepare for release of the album. It would include behind-the-scenes rehearsal and studio footage, as well as interviews with a number of the participants. "There is a lot of footage to choose from," said a network source. "Some of it is incredibly personal and revealing about Axl's life."

This part struck me as odd, it makes it sound like they've already been filming, how can there be footage to choose from, some of it incredibly personal if they haven't filmed anything yet?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The interesting thing about the article is that it suggests the show would be leading up to "a limited number of concert dates." Which would, presumably, enable Robin to be in both GN'R and the NIN touring line-up at the same time.

I see Jarmo's trying to debunk it over at HTGTH; good luck on that, this report is far too detailed to be a fake. I reckon the negotiations are very delicate, so management's just adopting a "deny-all" approach until contracts are signed.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

The new (still untitled) reality show would follow Rose and his band as they prepare for release of the album. It would include behind-the-scenes rehearsal and studio footage, as well as interviews with a number of the participants. "There is a lot of footage to choose from," said a network source. "Some of it is incredibly personal and revealing about Axl's life."

This part struck me as odd, it makes it sound like they've already been filming, how can there be footage to choose from, some of it incredibly personal if they haven't filmed anything yet?

it seemed odd to me too. it really looks like they've already started filming. i wonder when this started though?

i remember when the first hammerstein shows happened someone said there was a camera crew outside the venue talking with people and a cameraman said that the footage will be used to document the making of cd for a dvd to be released with the record. i remember it clearly because people were making fun of the no. of dvd's in the package 16

i know this is about a reality show but who knows. it is proof the cameras were there

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Hopefully if its actually ever done it is on a cable channel like HBO. You cant have Axl Rose on network TV.

Board footer