You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: Ex-GUNS N' ROSES Drummer STEVEN ADLER Cancels Whisky A Go Go Concert;

The previously announced April 1 concert by ADLER, the band led by former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler, at the Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California has been canceled, according to a tweet from the venue's official Twitter account. The message adds, "Stay tuned for a big announcement! #GunsNRoses"

GUNS N' ROSES has so far announced six headlining performances in April, including two in Las Vegas and two at California's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, with singer Axl Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan slated to perform together again for the first time in 22 years.

The rest of the band's lineup for the shows — and a potential tour later in the year — remains unclear, although keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus and drummer Frank Ferrer are all believed to be involved.

Fan speculation around the involvement of Adler has been heavy, with some of the bandmembers reportedly not sure whether the drummer, who has a longer history of drug problems than any of the other musicians, can hold it together on the road.

Adler was fired from GUNS N' ROSES in 1990 for his rampant drug use and replaced by Matt Sorum. Fans have wondered whether both drummers would be brought back for a reunion tour.

Adler said last October that he would be the last person to hear about his involvement in a GUNS N' ROSES reunion because Slash couldn't trust him to keep the information secret. "I've known for Slash thirty-what… thirty-nine years, and he knows that I would climb to the [highest] mountain and I would do, as Paul Stanley would say, 'shout it out loud,'" he said.

Adler told VH1 Classic's Eddie Trunk in a separate interview about the possibility of his involvement in a GN'R reunion: "I love those guys, and I always will, but Duff, he doesn't think I'm cool. And Slash, he doesn't believe that I have [two years] sober. He doesn't believe it. I don't know why, but they forget that at one time in their life, they were doing drugs and drinking and they were fucking up. They forget that they were like that too. Duff has got 20 years sober or more, Slash has got, like, 11 or 12 years sober, and I've got [two years]. So everybody gets it at a different time. I'm just thankful I got it."

He expressed frustration that the original GUNS had not reunited, saying, "I don't get it. We just play music. We're living our dream. When we're together, we play it really great. Let's just do it. What's the problem?"

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ex-gun … ABiS7aB.99

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

He will be there... Glad Slash is taking care of him. If he is in, Izzy will be there for sure.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Excellent news. I think the guy deserves his moment in the sun.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm not entirely sold yet on Adler being in Vegas. The cancellation could be because of something else just as easily. Hashtagging #gunsnroses just draws more people to the tweet...it doesn't mean big announcement about GNR.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I can't believe i doubted my own source. I am so stupid. I told you guys to believe the car wash.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I can't believe i doubted my own source. I am so stupid. I told you guys to believe the car wash.

Believe! 16

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Word is a pocket gig at whisky close to he Vegas gigs.  Acoustic only supposedly.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Word is a pocket gig at whisky close to he Vegas gigs.  Acoustic only supposedly.

Or

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheWhiskyAGo … 4589685761

Are they setting us up for a massive April Fools prank?

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is a bullshit joke maybe because they fucked up leaking info?hmm

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This is a bullshit joke maybe because they fucked up leaking info?hmm

Could be, or like James proposed, they just used the #GunsNRoses to drum up some interest in a show that would otherwise not be of that much interest. Now we all have our eyeballs on it. Mission accomplished either way.

Board footer