You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

johndivney wrote:

Jeez that's a bit harsh. You must really love your tennis.

I once won a tennis competition when I was a teenager. But afterwards they removed the tennis courts from my town. I guess that means I'm still the champion.. 9

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Axl is in Atlanta and the ACDC tour stopped in Atlanta when Brian Johnson couldn't sing any more.  ACDC have said they are rescheduling those last few US tour dates.

You join the possible dots.....

Are they picking up on my suggestion now?

http://www.rockfeed.net/2016/03/21/guns … -axl-rose/

Over the weekend, Guns N’ Roses frontman Axl Rose was spotted outside of a hotel in Atlanta, Georgia — where he posed for a photo with a fan and told him he was in town for “rehearsals”.

This is where things get interesting. When AC/DC announced they were postponing their upcoming tour due to vocalist Brian Johnson’s ‘total hearing loss’, they were in Atlanta, Georgia. The group is believed to be auditioning guest vocalists to help them on their rescheduled dates later this year.

As Alternative Nation reported, there has been rampant speculation that the GNR frontman could help save the day for AC/DC, who are currently without a frontman due to the health issues plaguing vocalist Brian Johnson.

Obviously, this is all speculation — but there are a few things that lend some legitimacy to the rumors that Axl Rose could in fact be joining AC/DC as a guest vocalist.

1. Guns N’ Roses would almost definitively rehearse in Los Angeles, as there are many secluded productions lots and arenas in that area. Many acts rent the Staples Center for large scale rehearsals as well.

2. AC/DC has a large scale tour production with big visuals and sound. It might make sense for them to stay in the United States for a while to start the audition process, rather than travel back to Australia where there is less of a selection of notable rock singers who can take over that role.

It looks plausible that Axl Rose could take on the role for the band on a temporary basis. Nothing is confirmed until AC/DC speaks out about it themselves, but there is definitely enough here to make it seem legit.

If Axl Rose returns to Guns N’ Roses and fronts AC/DC in one year, it could make for one of the most historic events in rock and roll history. Would you be excited for Axl Rose to join the band temporarily? Let us know in the comments.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Well, he better have his rasp back in that case!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The AC/DC thing definitely got way out of control and spread too far. Now fans may never get the full story.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Posted by Spirit over on HTGTH. Still seems like a weird rumor to me, but who knows. The Axl ACDC talk is around the 54 minute mark of today's show 3/22. He basically says that he heard from a reliable source, a friend of someone inside the GNR camp, that Axl will be fronting ACDC for their last 10 shows of their tour. He also said that he found out the dates and times of the upcoming GNR tour, but was contacted by the band's publicist and asked not to share that information, or at least to reach out to them first.

http://baileyandsouthside.com

AtariLegend wrote:

This would be a shocker if there was anything to it.

Axl in AC/DC?

Sky Dog wrote:

Faldor, I was listening to that live on the way to work this morning....the guy sounded believable.

A Private Eye

That would be awesome. Axl and Slash back together and Axl fronting AC/DC for some shows? Wow, what a year this could be!

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Faldor, I was listening to that live on the way to work this morning....the guy sounded believable.

He sounded genuine to me too. Do you listen to the guy often? Is he a pretty standup guy as far as you know? I don't doubt he was told that information, and it certainly sounds like he wants it to be true. I'm going to Atlanta for a wedding next month. Keep Axl down there for me, will you?

A Private Eye

Just scanning the ACDC forum there seems to be no mention of the Axl rumour. Wonder how it would go down with their die hards?

Board footer