You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: HOLY SHIT!! Get in this thread!

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

My buddy in Chicago says July 1st and 3rd at soldier field.

Of course that would be the dates. I'm on vacation, in Texas, at that time ...

So, I'm unable to go see the shows featuring two of my favorite artists ever. Out of town for GNR. Can't get the day off for Buckethead in April.

That sucks.  I found $47 airfare to Chicago, so I am going but I have no idea how I'm getting home yet.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

$47 airfare?! Geez. Must be nice. How close are you to Chicago, Buzz?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Of course that would be the dates. I'm on vacation, in Texas, at that time ...

So, I'm unable to go see the shows featuring two of my favorite artists ever. Out of town for GNR. Can't get the day off for Buckethead in April.

That sucks.  I found $47 airfare to Chicago, so I am going but I have no idea how I'm getting home yet.

I would change my plans, but with a dying relative waiting for you to visit, it kind of looks bad to do that because of a GNR show.

I'm confident they'll be back. Maybe even with the AFD 5 next year.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

$47 airfare?! Geez. Must be nice. How close are you to Chicago, Buzz?

I live near Charlotte.  I can't get home for $47, but I can get there.  I'll worry about getting home later.  I can always rent a car and drive if I have to.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I would change my plans, but with a dying relative waiting for you to visit, it kind of looks bad to do that because of a GNR show.

I'm confident they'll be back. Maybe even with the AFD 5 next year.

Family has to come first.  That's how I talked my wife into letting me go...my grandparents are both well into their 90s, so I will be visiting them while I am there.  My only plans are visiting them, going to Arlington Park, and the GnR shows.  I'll probably catch a baseball game while I'm there (whoever is home, I don't care).

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

Funny how this story is playing out. What was the thing where Dexter gave the thumbs up? Anyone else not convinced it was a hack?

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

I hope the rest of the story is true. Appetite 5 or Bust.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Then it's bust for the people who view it in those terms, I reckon.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
misterID wrote:

Then it's bust for the people who view it in those terms, I reckon.

I don't think anyone expects Izzy and Adler to be part of a full tour, but it's not crazy to think they might be part of this Troubadour thing. Adler's cancellation at the Whiskey and his silence is very suspicious. Izzy said a couple months ago he wasn't involved at the time, but who knows where that stands now.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Funny how this story is playing out. What was the thing where Dexter gave the thumbs up? Anyone else not convinced it was a hack?

Good point!  Are we really positive it wasn't Dexter? The timing of that was amazing.

We will get some AFD 5 moments but obviously Frank and Richard are in the band.

Board footer