You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

monkeychow wrote:

Speaking of sacrilege, I think Brian is better than Bon.

I think Bon is one of those figures where because he died he's become untouchable. Not saying he had no talent, but Brian is a lot better to me and has carried the band to places I don't think Bon would have.

No Doubt Axl sounds good on the Bon tracks....but he's going to need to bring his rasp game for stuff like Back in Black, Thunderstruck, Hell's Bells....but damn it would be killer if he does.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Bon had more character in his voice than Brian. Lyrics were better too. Loved his sense of humor in songs like Dirty Deeds, Big Balls, or Whole Lotta Rosie for that matter. Brian was a great singer though, no doubt about it. He was as good of a replacement as they could hope for given the terrible situation. I think it sucks that they're kicking him to the curb. Probably should have just canceled the 10 gigs and retired the band name.

Rimov
 Rep: 10 

Rimov wrote:

Most interesting to me is the fact that Axl at the moment first time in decades TRYING TO GET A JOB. Sure, it not for a long and only part time, but he is going to fill the vacancy and it not guaranteed. 

With AC/DC Angus is a boss and Axl is an employee. I sure that if Axl will not satisfy Angus with the voice he has no chances to pick a job. And Angus seems like very strong boss, MUCH stronger and professional than Axl itself in GNR.

So we do know than Axl considering like a candidate. But we do not know about any other candidates and about decision from Angus. And if this decision will arrive, we all could be sure that Axl in a good shape.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

My favorite AC/DC song is from Empire Records: "If You Want Blood (You Got It)." I would love to hear Axl sing this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2ukEhmetBE

lance

lance wrote:
Hidden Text:

It won't end well with ACDC and Axl

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Bon had more character in his voice than Brian. Lyrics were better too. Loved his sense of humor in songs like Dirty Deeds, Big Balls, or Whole Lotta Rosie for that matter. Brian was a great singer though, no doubt about it. He was as good of a replacement as they could hope for given the terrible situation. I think it sucks that they're kicking him to the curb. Probably should have just canceled the 10 gigs and retired the band name.

That pretty much nails the difference between them.

Scott was more talented, but Johnson's voice was always better for a big rock band I thought. I doubt they'd ever have risen to their current status without him.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
lance wrote:
Hidden Text:

Because Axl is bound to end up in a conflict, or something else?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Brian brought the power. Period. I love the Bon era, but Brian's vocals helped them become MEGA stars.

lance

lance wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
lance wrote:
Hidden Text:

Because Axl is bound to end up in a conflict, or something else?

I believe that because all the issues Guns and Roses have had over the last 23 years .

If Axl cant make his own band which he controls run smooth how the hell can he due 10 tour dates with another band  and issues not arise ?
If it was one show with then  hell yeah i would be behind it but 10 shows when GNR is the most relevant  rock band in the world right now and  embarking on summer tour is insane.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
lance wrote:

If Axl cant make his own band which he controls run smooth how the hell can he due 10 tour dates with another band  and issues not arise ?

Because,

Guns is Axl's band. He can as he pleases. AC/DC is a separate entity, governed by musicians he respects. They have a good production machine behind them.

All Axl needs to do is to show up and sing. Otherwise, he's going to get scolded by Angus, his employer 16

Board footer