You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

faldor wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
faldor wrote:

That's what makes them the most dangerous band in the world though.

Not sure if that's a joke, but I strongly disagree, to me the essence of old GNR was that the DELIVERED despite the bullshit. Like, sure, you might have Axl come a few hours late, he might go on a rant....but you would get a rock act that was one of the best of all time. The problem since 1995 is that the band basically stopped delivering.....took them a generation to get out an album....and then it had some issues....dozen of pojects scrapped...I'm not even going to list it all as you know it.

Anyway...Axl's unpredictability is what made it dangerous, but it never used to be a con, which is basically what things are fast becoming in recent times.

faldor wrote:

Look, we've gotten so little over the years, I think we should be happy with whatever is thrown our way.

That's why we differ I guess. The more they screw us the better we deserve next time. Otherwise at some point it's just Stockholm syndrome. But i'm sick of that mindset - Axl has ruined most of his own career and I'm tired of being told when fans want something reasonable that we're just finding stuff to complain about.

Yeah, I simply do not see this as them "shitting on fans". That's where the disconnect is. I don't see the deception, evil underhanded dealings. I'm sorry, but you can't please everyone. They're about to break the silence and now it's a problem? Axl was supposed to appear on Kimmel, it was canceled and most people complained. No press, no interviews, no appearances. All things people had problems with. 6 announced shows, an upcoming US tour and probably more. People are slightly upset the official dates aren't known. Now, a week before they're scheduled return, they just may have a press conference and play an ultra exclusive near impossible to get a ticket to show. And people are upset by this? As clearly as you can see that as being disrespectful and misleading, well let's just say I don't see it that way.

I'm not in the situation, but I find it hard to believe that I'd be upset by all this if I had tickets for next Friday. In fact, I looked into getting tickets to the SECOND Vegas show. My wife said she'd go, but couldn't swing the first show. Ultimately, I didn't get tickets for either show. Whatever, people are going to feel how they're going to feel. I can't control that, and who am I to say how they should feel? But I'm free to strongly disagree with their line of thinking. I think I'll just sit back and enjoy whatever is to come.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

so what's the point of selling people tickets like hell, because they want to see their first "reunion" show and then a few days before it all starts, having the actual first show that almost nobody can see? what a slap in the face. Pitman was right - money grab.

Exactly!  The real fans and die hards get Vegas. But the Kardashians and friends and family get a 500 person show?  That is a big fuck you. If they didn't announce Vegas as THE first show than I would have no issues. The fact Faldor's brain cannot comprehend that pisses me off some. There is only one first show in 23 years, and it looks like it will be in LA for the elite or lucky and not Vegas for the 40,000 paying fans over 2 nights.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes!  A new song will ease the assfuck they just gave me by playing another first show in 23 years

This times one thousand...!

Vegas April 8th was supposed to be the first official show, which many of us, myself included, have paid through the nose for.

Yeah, this build up now is cool, and it's great to see them actually hyping this all up. But if it's for a first show before Vegas, than they are cunts for breaking the Vegas promise.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

so what's the point of selling people tickets like hell, because they want to see their first "reunion" show and then a few days before it all starts, having the actual first show that almost nobody can see? what a slap in the face. Pitman was right - money grab.

Exactly!  The real fans and die hards get Vegas. But the Kardashians and friends and family get a 500 person show?  That is a big fuck you. If they didn't announce Vegas as THE first show than I would have no issues. The fact Faldor's brain cannot comprehend that pisses me off some. There is only one first show in 23 years, and it looks like it will be in LA for the elite or lucky and not Vegas for the 40,000 paying fans over 2 nights.

+1 to this. I'd have absolutly no problem with a warmup club show, if it was announced together with Vegas, that would be totally fair to fans. the way they did it now means the fans are screwed. but hey, they already bought the tickets, so fuck them, I get it perfectly.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Maybe they need a private show to get ready for the private show??!?!  I mean seriously, kinks?!?!  These are professionals with professional sound guys etc. There is no need for a private show other than to entertain people. The excuses are getting out of hand. Really, Vegas is their Daytona 500. The biggest concerts as the first. Daytona is always week one. The first race. This should be treated the same. Only GNR would kill the hype of their own fucking come back by having a secret gig where the fans that want in the most won't get in.

Not to beat a dead horse, but they're doing the exact opposite of killing the hype. Do you not see the excitement this is building? Well, outside of you and a few others. Private shows happen all the time. People have complained all along how they were being silent. Now it looks like they're about to break that silence and it's "shut up already! What's the rush? Let's wait until next week." You do see the oddity in that, no?

A press release and maybe a couple songs is cool. A 2 hour show would not be honestly.  This is creating hype for a potential show today. Not sure how this impacts a sold out show in Vegas. Clearly that show doesn't need any more hype..

It's creating hype for what's to come. In one fell swoop they could make up for six months of silence. Let's see what we get first, but this isn't promotion for tonight, or Vegas, or Coachella. That's true. But it'd be great promotion for a summer stadium tour and beyond. Again, it's tough to speculate before we see what it actually is.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor is cool with it why? BECAUSE HE HAS NO FUCKING MONEY INVESTED. SO OF COURSE, A SHOW IS GREAT AND VALIDATES HIS REGRET BY SAYING,"Good thing I didn't pay through the nose for Vegas, it wasn't even their first show, I will catch them later on tour". Big words coming from a dude with NO skin in the game.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I paid for vegas and I don't care. I'm going to have a great time there and it will be worth every penny.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I paid for vegas and I don't care. I'm going to have a great time there and it will be worth every penny.

That is your right not to give a fuck. Clearly other feel different. They fucked up by saying "First show in Vegas". I think most would agree with that.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
zombux wrote:

SG, you knew this was a possibility. You rolled the dice and it looks like you're going to "lose". You've been worried about a secret gig for weeks now. This can't be shocking news to you, let's be honest. Your GNR fan credibility score does not go down one iota because of this. Man you tried like hell. You did all you could. You got tickets for Coachella and then sold them once the Vegas shows were announced. It's too late in the game to do that this time around, but you're still a lucky SOB for being able to see them next week. I'm still extremely jealous.

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Faldor is cool with it why? BECAUSE HE HAS NO FUCKING MONEY INVESTED. SO OF COURSE, A SHOW IS GREAT AND VALIDATES HIS REGRET BY SAYING,"Good thing I didn't pay through the nose for Vegas, it wasn't even their first show, I will catch them later on tour". Big words coming from a dude with NO skin in the game.

Dude, there's no reason to go around picking fights. Direct your anger somewhere else please. I'm getting a little tired of your passive aggressive BS towards me these last couple of days. I'm trying to put myself in your shoes. I think I'd react differently. Simple as that. You want to call me out and tell me I'm lying, that's fine.

Board footer