You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: Secret show: April 1, L.A.?

Will wrote:

24xfnec.jpg

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree to a point in age... But you are a hard core fan...

It sucks to miss out on those things for sure due to being born at the wrong time, but on the bright side at least I'm not an old fuck. 16

I was born in 1979. Too young to go to concerts at their peak

So you missed it too! Did you at least get to experience the later UYI (92-93)? Maybe old enough by that point.

AtariLegend wrote:

Real or photo-shopped? tongue

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I was born in 73. The Beatles are my 2nd favorite band, but I missed them completely. Saw guns in 92 (and saw the ju ju hounds the same year).  You don't have to have been there to be a big fan. Celebrate that you're hear for something we thought might never happen.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I was born in 73. The Beatles are my 2nd favorite band, but I missed them completely. Saw guns in 92 (and saw the ju ju hounds the same year).  You don't have to have been there to be a big fan. Celebrate that you're hear for something we thought might never happen.

73 for me too--and 92 for me too. Then I saw the 2002 version with Buckethead and things were never the same.

I'll hopefully see them next time around!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I became a GNR nut in 1988 seeing the PC video. That hooked me. But I was like 8/9 years old. 1993 I was 13. Parents getting a divorce. Someone taking me to see those crazy fucks was not in the cards. So my first guns show was 12/29/2001 then 2002 in Detroit then 2011 in Atlanta (I think it was 2011 maybe 2012).

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Someone just posted on HTGTH that they are also playing The Whiskey tomorrow night. That might explain all the bullshit from the Whiskey Twitter account sending mixed messages, lol.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

What? ANOTHER POSSIBLE SHOW BEFORE THE FIRST SHOW IN VEGAS?  Fuck this if true. For fucks sake.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What? ANOTHER POSSIBLE SHOW BEFORE THE FIRST SHOW IN VEGAS?  Fuck this if true. For fucks sake.

I think it's pretty cool, but I didn't spend $3,000 on Vegas. I won't pay a nickel until I find out Axl's voice and the chemistry of the band. If the Vegas and Coachella bootlegs are amazing, I might consider going to either Houston/Dallas show. Maybe. But even then it feels like highway robbery when you know people saw them from 1985-1988 at their very best for $10 or less.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

It sucks to miss out on those things for sure due to being born at the wrong time, but on the bright side at least I'm not an old fuck. 16

I was born in 1979. Too young to go to concerts at their peak

So you missed it too! Did you at least get to experience the later UYI (92-93)? Maybe old enough by that point.

I remember they played our capital in 93, but I was into MJ then lol. The only gig ever talked about in primary school that I can think of. When I got into them 5 years later it was like a different era. Might as well have been the 70s. They had vanished from the public eye.

Board footer