You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: 2016 Summer Stadium 'Not In This Lifetime' Tour

Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta say, I love the naming of the tour. Very Eagles to go that route. VERY Eagles. Playing on their own words.

But...

I think they MIGHT be over-shooting this. I mean, think Toronto right off the bat. Rogers Centre right off the bat, is an old school baseball dome (not many of those left). Like Neemo said it's like 50,000+ capacity. Now in Canada, they'll probably do well. Isn't it the only Canada show? I might've missed it.

But to do THIS MANY STADIUMS... umm... I don't know man. They weren't this much of a stadium act WITH METALLICA on the bill -- in BOTH their heydays. This might be a hard sell in 2016.

I for one can attest, I can only afford so much to be at the Orlando show. I have a price limit myself. If it was AFD 5 (Money is no object), or even just Izzy being there, but 2014 Guns + Slash... only so much i'm gonna pay. If it's reasonable (even double normal rates), i'm fuckin' there. But triple? Ehh...

I'm still curious to see what Axl vocally is gonna be. I have no doubt the band will be slammin'

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta say, I love the naming of the tour. Very Eagles to go that route. VERY Eagles. Playing on their own words.

But...

I think they MIGHT be over-shooting this. I mean, think Toronto right off the bat. Rogers Centre right off the bat, is an old school baseball dome (not many of those left). Like Neemo said it's like 50,000+ capacity. Now in Canada, they'll probably do well. Isn't it the only Canada show? I might've missed it.

But to do THIS MANY STADIUMS... umm... I don't know man. They weren't this much of a stadium act WITH METALLICA on the bill -- in BOTH their heydays. This might be a hard sell in 2016.

I for one can attest, I can only afford so much to be at the Orlando show. I have a price limit myself. If it was AFD 5 (Money is no object), or even just Izzy being there, but 2014 Guns + Slash... only so much i'm gonna pay. If it's reasonable (even double normal rates), i'm fuckin' there. But triple? Ehh...

I'm still curious to see what Axl vocally is gonna be. I have no doubt the band will be slammin'

I agree. It sure is a quite a bit or risk IMO.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Surely the promoters would not agree to it if they thought it was a money loser.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Surely the promoters would not agree to it if they thought it was a money loser.

I'm sure the bean counters did their homework. But from where I'm sitting, it seems risky. This is 2016, not 1991.

redarmy76
 Rep: 5 

redarmy76 wrote:

I live just north of Toronto. There is no doubt that they will sell out up here. Everyone from my generation will come out for this. Nostalgia still sells huge up here, and to have it on a Saturday Night, it's a no brainer. I would be more reluctant that this tour makes it to Toronto than ticket sales. I don't know, we have been burned so many times by GNR

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Hey Redarmy! Ain't seen you awhile 'round here!

But yeah, I was not shocked "Olympic Stadium -- Montreal, QB" was left off the list, lol. 16

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Cramer, Tejas... I don't find it at all shocking that they are refusing cameras at the Troubadour tonight. No way they want videos leaking of Mickey Rose (if it happens)

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'm sure the bean counters did their homework. But from where I'm sitting, it seems risky. This is 2016, not 1991.

There are millions of GN'R fans who weren't able to be part of it back then because of age, like me. They have an extremely impressive YouTube view count for a band that hasn't really been active.

I understand that stadiums are huge but what the hell, they probably figure 40,000 with empty seats is better than 20,000 sold out.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

The thing is, money-wise for them -- it doesn't matter. It's low-risk, in some ways. Scalpers and the media will so over-hype this thing that as soon as April 8th hits (more likely April 4th with Nightrain pre-sale), scalpers are gonna buy it all, like James said. Ticketmaster will do the scalping most likely, and throw everything up on StubHub at a 400% markup.

Most shows will sell out instantly because of it, so even if it's 1/3 full, the show will be sold out, and if anyone takes it in the ass it'll be Irving Azoff, not GN'R. GN'R is gonna make their face value money regardless.

Gotta love uncle Axl. I need to send him a nice Stetson for his business meetings. Haha. 14

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Looks like this was filmed at rehearsal, a bit on Richard's new amp for the tour. Monkey might like this.

Board footer