You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

misterID wrote:

It could be he's just burnt out on the whole thing, but he was involved until recently. Hopefully we find out more.

And I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I personally have a really hard time believing that Chris Pitman being on the biggest stage of his career, then shitting the bed, is anything more than he fucked up.

Maybe Pitman got scared? Maybe he freaked the fuck out like Izzy and realized he'd be playing spring-loaded dancing keyboards for 40,000 a night? Then again he played MANY festival shows with GN'R from 2001 to recently as well. So maybe that's bullcrap?

Something happened. He put out tweets acting as if he would be there, then nothing, then the flip out, suddenly Melissa is there.

If Chris was just sick, and was going to return at Coachella -- GNR's press people would've already just went ahead and said Melissa was not an actual member, but a fill in. Even if someone like Del James let it slip to a fan. Something.

But they didn't did they?

Chris is gone, and only a few months ago he wasn't. SG deserves some credit on this. He called it from the get and took major shit from all of us, but I would find it bizarre for all of this Melissa-Mania and then suddenly Chris is back in 2 weeks and doesn't want to tour anymore. He was supposed to be apart of this from day one. He said so.

johndivney wrote:

They should get her to do the backing vocals on RQ live.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

They should get her to do the backing vocals on RQ live.

Hahaha....

You are such a dick. 16

I think they should recreate the recording of Rocket Queen with her live... let's just go fucking balls deep on the bad insults. 14

AtomsNest
 Rep: 10 

AtomsNest wrote:

This is going to be the biggest tour in recent GNR history, I don't believe Pitman pulled out. He was happy to be onboard, his family also said stuff on twitter, about his daughter seeing her dad at Coachella. You don't get the wife and kids hyped up about your work if you don't plan to follow through.

Something happened.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Y'know, I think one of my favourite little moments in this clip is Slash and Melissa rocking out at 2:07:

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And!!!!!!!!

Her skills on keys will help unleash some Skynyrd and Allman Bros tunes for GNR to finally cover!  Slash has does. Jessica and Simple Man... Finally time for Tuesday's gone, Curtis Lowe, Free Bird etc.

LOL, now we are jumping the shark....  Last I checked Dizzy could play piano...

And no one is interested in EDM mixed with GNR... Not in 1999, not in 2016

The GNR fanbase is truly a fucked up community... People already posting how shes "better" at whatever than Pitman(who actually has music pulbished/released).

Lomax wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

And no one is interested in EDM mixed with GNR... Not in 1999, not in 2016

Au contraire mon frere.

The GNR fanbase is a the size of a large country. They have a lot of fans with a  lot of different backgrounds and musical interests. The GNR appeal goes far beyond the classic rock circle.

I know guys who would 200 for a GNR ticket and their entire music collection is hip-hop and dance music.
For some reason GNR transcends genre in way that bands like Ac/Dc or even Led Zeppelin and The Stones do not.
There's a vitality and sense of danger and edge to GNR that you find in Hip Hop, Dance music even some good Jazz stuff.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Lomax wrote:

The GNR fanbase is a the size of a large country. They have a lot of fans with a  lot of different backgrounds and musical interests. The GNR appeal goes far beyond the classic rock circle.

I know guys who would 200 for a GNR ticket and their entire music collection is hip-hop and dance music.
For some reason GNR transcends genre in way that bands like Ac/Dc or even Led Zeppelin and The Stones do not.
There's a vitality and sense of danger and edge to GNR that you find in Hip Hop, Dance music even some good Jazz stuff.

Very true. GN'R is sort of a melting pot. The guys come from all over the country, Slash even brings some English. Duff has the punk, Izzy has the classic rock. Axl and Slash are both four leaf clovers, they bring everything. They can carry a menacing rocker as well as an epic ballad. They appeal to men and women, rock fans and pop fans. The result is something for everybody.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And!!!!!!!!

Her skills on keys will help unleash some Skynyrd and Allman Bros tunes for GNR to finally cover!  Slash has does. Jessica and Simple Man... Finally time for Tuesday's gone, Curtis Lowe, Free Bird etc.

The GNR fanbase is truly a fucked up community... People already posting how shes "better" at whatever than Pitman(who actually has music pulbished/released).

Well, so we are accurate, Melissa has "published/released" material.

Here's a start.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kind_Regards_(album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_Rega … ead_album)

Board footer