You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

tejastech08 wrote:

If we are gonna be stuck with two keyboardists, I much prefer Melissa to Pitman. Assuming similar keyboard talent: Hot girl with good personality and singing versus arrogant asshole? No contest.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

A Private Eye wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I agree.   CD is a better album than either of the UYI albums as they are.. although I think if you took all the best songs from UYI I and UYI II and made a 15 track album, it would be close.   Can't deny the power of songs like November Rain and Estranged.

Don't wanna derail the thread too much but that's a big call.

Best of UYIs combined as one album vs CD is a close call? Not even same ball park imo. Best of UYI is far superior. There's not one song on CD better than Estranged, YCBM, NR, CW, Locomotive or DC. Which is a third of an album before CD's strongest tracks even get a look in. I've not even mentioned Coma, DDM, Garden, 14 Years, Breakdown etc.

Well maybe I should have rephrased it.  On their own, I prefer the whole of CD vs UYI 1 or CD vs UYI 2.. but yes if the best of UYI was one album, it would be a bit better than CD.     

Of course this is all subjective, opinionated stuff, everyone sees it different. 

-
Welcome to GnR Melissa!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
misterID wrote:

Listening to the Jungle vid, it's cool to have those female harmonies.

I was listening too and thought "It's nice to have Duff back on backing vocals. Sounds nice." But really, it was probably her I was hearing ...

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Me personally, I happen to think AFD > UYI
I also happen to think CD > UYI (as seperate albums only)
So for now... Frank ftw

Two problems with this:

Firstly, lets go with the premise that you are right and the CD songs are better than the UYI songs. That's highly debatable, but assuming for a moment that they are, there's no way that it would be because of the drum parts. Lets say a person like Madagascar better than Estranged, I can't possibly imagine it would be because of the drumming. Chinese Democracy is full of horrible 8 bit sounding drum loops followed by average as hell sounding forgettable irrelevant drum parts. Where's the air drum moment? For all that they redid them bunches of times while recording in the roof of a mosque or whatever it was it hasn't worked. Chinese is an album with great songs and terrible production and the drums didn't escape that issue.

Secondly, even if somehow one thinks the drum parts on Chinese Democracy were its highlight....Frank only plays on three songs. I think it's actually more like 2.5 with the drum editing going on.

So your premise that CD is better than UYI and therefore Frank is the best drummer just doesn't add up to me.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Oh my god...I was concerned about the board filling up with not-so-deep thinking, overly giddy fan boys and girls who basically become Axl/GnR yes men.

Here's the problem for me....this whole reunion just took way too long to happen for me and I won't just be happy with whatever they throw out just bc it's the original half of the line up.

This choice for yet another completely random band member to serve in a role that I don't even really notice is absolutely nothing to me.

This, just like everything about this reunion thus far has been about one thing: CASH

The choice of this woman to perform this duty is nothing different - she's probably very cheap.

When will people stop mistaking scantily clad women on a stage as artists or musicians. At least Traci and Roberta added something to the music that I could easily understand.

How long will it be before people start making fun of this band despite the reunion status? At least the Rolling Stones tried to create new music.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I hear you on the bit about new music.

I think what the reunion needs is to drop a single or preferably an album.

I was thinking yesterday. It needs something fresh and some innovation.

Like in a way it's shit-cool that Slash played the godfather that was a classic sequence every time back in the day. But that's kinda also the lame bit kinda - like rather than have the spirt and the kickassness that made cool ideas like the godfather happen first time around, they're just replicating those specific set pieces.

To really blow the world away again they need to record.

AtariLegend wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This, just like everything about this reunion thus far has been about one thing: CASH

What was the UYI tour about?

It's honestly ridiculous people calling it a cash grab. If it was really more about the money than any other tour by any other band, then Axl would have made up with Slash ect. years ago and be pawning of albums/merchandise like Gene Simmons.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

"It's so easy" to be social
"It's so easy" to be cool
Yeah it's easy to be hungry
When you ain't got shit to lose
And I wish that I could help you
With what you hope to find
But I'm still out here waiting
Watching reruns of my life

They've already made their fortune folks...it's all padding from here on out...don't get me wrong, I'd love to see new music from them, but I have a feeling that there is still some healing to do before we get there ... we always wondered if these guys had a price to reunite ... "not in this lifetime tour" appears to have found the magic number ... 60k seats at $125 +/- each is alot of dough ... $7.5M ... promoters can easily afford to pay the band $3M a show and still make a shit ton

If they drop an album or single this year I'll happily eat these words

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

What was the UYI tour about?

They were still striving to be #1 in the world...then into 93 they were trying to maintain as their world crumbled from within

From 2006 and beyond the rumor was Axl was touring to fund the high life and finishing CD II

Making the equivalent of a high end MLB or NBA salary in a summer is a pretty good prospect...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Oh my god...I was concerned about the board filling up with not-so-deep thinking, overly giddy fan boys and girls who basically become Axl/GnR yes men.

Here's the problem for me....this whole reunion just took way too long to happen for me and I won't just be happy with whatever they throw out just bc it's the original half of the line up.

This choice for yet another completely random band member to serve in a role that I don't even really notice is absolutely nothing to me.

The choice of this woman to perform this duty is nothing different - she's probably very cheap.

When will people stop mistaking scantily clad women on a stage as artists or musicians. At least Traci and Roberta added something to the music that I could easily understand.

How long will it be before people start making fun of this band despite the reunion status? At least the Rolling Stones tried to create new music.

Every tour is about the money.

And if you're going to criticize the girl, check out her work first. And she was far from scantily clad 14

Board footer