You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Shout out to Philadelphia fans...

PaSnow wrote:

The friend i went with i emailed in 2006 about going to the nyc shows. His response?   "No way, Axls not getting any of my money."

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Sorry for sidetracking there.  As for Philly, i think itll sellout. Myb stubhub picks up alot of em, but i think the Police, Vsn Halen etc all sellout let alone Bon Jovi, Springsteen U2 etc. Altho some of those were at Citizens Bank (baseball) not the Linc (football)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Agree with all thoughts. With Axl's history, and Philly's history.... i'll be keeping a close eye on that Philly. I am hoping that NO RIOTS happen on this tour, but... that could be a rough audience, and if Axl is on by 11pm sharp, maybe earlier, we could see flashbacks.

Even in LA the other night, he still didn't really go on 'til Midnight. And it doesn't matter if they launch this tour and exclaim "show starts around or after 11pm"... won't matter.

I have been to three GN'R shows in my life, and two of them didn't start 'til midnight. One started after midnight, and only one of them did Axl go on earlier, which was a fluke, and he even bragged during the show how he acted like he had "just woke up", despite it only being 11pm ET.

I just don't see there being alot of tolarence for midnight start times, plus what will Slash & Duff's attitude be for taking a time machine back to the Use Your Illusion tour?

Fun times... it's like being back in 1994. But there's some bad that comes with it too... you never know what the fuck is going to happen in the world of Guns N' Roses. That's a good and bad thing.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I was one of those at the riot show James. I think Tommie was there as well.

I regret not going in 91.  I was 18 and geaduating high school.  It couldve been the night i geaduated, or it was right around then.  I just dont remember exactly why, i remember a kid asking if i wanted to go. I think they played a show in hershey, pa too.

So cool u went Sandman. Which mall did u score tickets at? I grew up near the willow grove mall.

I went to the Roosevelt Mall. I grew up in NE Philly. I believe at that time there was a West Coast Video that sold concert tix. The whole mall was an outdoor mall, but WCV was located in little strip mall down the street. I still remember hoping the line wouldn't be too long since it was just announced the night before and maybe a lot of the philly school kids would still be in class (not all schools had a half-day that day). then I turn the corner and couldn't see where it ended. it wrapped all the way around the building.

do you still live in the area? I live in Churchville now and I go the Willow Grove mall all the time.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

The friend i went with i emailed in 2006 about going to the nyc shows. His response?   "No way, Axls not getting any of my money."

same with a few of my friends. but I was out with a bunch of friends on saturday, and their stance has softened a bit. getting back with Slash is the reason why. and the Troubadour show, with the $10 tix, is great press as well. but still can't convince them to go to a show.

mrsaxlrose
 Rep: 2 

mrsaxlrose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

this is the place for intelligent thoughts on GnR.

True...which is why you should post more.

Interesting how STL was dropped from the tour. As far as Philly tickets go, that's a coin toss right there. I mean...yeah a riot happened and most probably remember it....but it was a different band, a different time.

Now you've got me interested in this Philly show. The demographic of that crowd could be revealing. If majority is teens/college students, then old school fans in that area still have a sour taste in their mouth from that incident.

I felt really bad for that crowd. I think it was you and/or PhillyRiot on the old version of the site who posted a lengthy review of what happened there and it was just inexcusable.

I tend to think it will be old school fans more than anything so I will be very disappointed if people act like assholes.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Here we are 47 weeks later. I was reminded of this thread when someone at MYGNR started a thread earlier today asking about the best full concerts in GN'R history. The 1988 and 1991 Philly shows are very high on the list in my opinion!

Anyway, it sure seems the 2016 Philly show turned out pretty damn successful. 49,328 tickets sold and $4.88 million of revenue. Philly still loves this band even after Axl's antics in 2002.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

the crowds in philly have unreal energy.

wrestling shows there are instantly x100 times better just because of the audience.

Board footer