You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

apex-twin wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Responses from a large part of the GN'R fanbase (mainly at other forums, mind) over her addition to the band has been absolutely pathetic.

Haven't bothered to follow them, but I can imagine.

I wonder why. Axl's usually such a calm guy online.

AtariLegend wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

Responses from a large part of the GN'R fanbase (mainly at other forums, mind) over her addition to the band has been absolutely pathetic.

I cannot believe Eric edited out the words "cunt" and "lesbian" afterwards. It was obviously a dig.

Actually I can't believe this more ;

Sorry, there is a problem
You have read the maximum number of threads as a guest (50).

Don't worry - you can register and continue viewing this forum for free!

Please click here to register and become a MYGNRFORUM member today.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

About what you'd expect from a man who released One In A Million and Get In The Ring.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

About what you'd expect from a man who released One In A Million and Get In The Ring.

This:

Well now you can drink up the rewards of the crap that's been spillin' out of your pie hole forever here n' enjoy the fermented, feted n' vulgar response you've been cultivating n' aching for... for so long

made me realise that the one thing that's missing from Chinese Democracy is one of those glorious spoken-word rants over the music. Like the outro to Breakdown, or the middle of Get in the Ring, or (yes, I know it isn't Axl talking) the "You better start sniffin' your own rank subjugation..." bit on KOHD. It's one of the iconic features of 90s GN'R.

That 5agge VR/Axl remix The Nightmareline Blues managed to approximate it using Axl's GTA vocals, but it'd be good to hear the real thing again.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Yeah, you've come to expect at least a couple of songs on a GN'R album with some very profane language and angry ranting. Sorry is the closet you get, and that is almost sanguine in comparison.

Finger's crossed that ranty Axl returns on future music.

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

In fairness, she got what she wanted. She ran with that story of hers from the "sources" until it got picked up by the media like it was fact and created an environment which almost destroyed that same forum "she built". Though given what happened with the staff too at different points afterwards it was a bit ironic in retrospect for them to be calling her out.

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

Oh, I'm not saying he was wrong to go at madison. That language though..

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Random note...I see James appears to be developing a crush on Ms. Reese....so I'll lay off her....for now tongue516

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Why would anyone go after her?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

So refreshing to see her up there. She looks to be having a blast and is easy on the eyes.

Board footer