You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: No Going Back

Lomax wrote:

There is no going back from this. Once you reintroduce Duff and Slash into the band you can't go back on that.
From this point on, Guns will always include Duff and Slash and without them nobody will accept GNR as GNR.
I accepted all the previous lineups as legitimate. But seeing the Troubadour footage has changed things.
GNR will always involve Slash and Duff for me now.

pacu44
 Rep: 3 

pacu44 wrote:
Lomax wrote:

There is no going back from this. Once you reintroduce Duff and Slash into the band you can't go back on that.
From this point on, Guns will always include Duff and Slash and without them nobody will accept GNR as GNR.
I accepted all the previous lineups as legitimate. But seeing the Troubadour footage has changed things.

They aren't GNR to me without Izzy... Period...

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

GnR is going to be whoever is in the band.    We can agree or disagree whether all the members, past or present, are the right fit or do the name justice.   

I agree, it would be very difficult for Axl to go back to a Slash-less, GnR after this.    He's done it before, however.   

Nothing surprises me anymore.

The reality is, Axl and Slash on their own, will not be able to bring in anywhere near the $$$ on their own that they can bring in together.   Now that they are in their 50s and surely know this.. I think there is a chance for future tours.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
pacu44 wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Then it wasn't Gn'R with Sorum and Gilby either?

Same thing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Furbush wrote:
pacu44 wrote:
Lomax wrote:

Same thing.

Hahaha... Furbush hittin' it three rows deep as always.

Always love when people play GN'R chess with these new Johnny Come lately Izzy/Steven-ites.

If it isn't GN'R without Izzy, then GN'R played their last show in the Fall of 1991.

Lomax wrote:

Well... yeah. Once Axl made that move, regardless of individual feelings... there's no coming back from this. Axl doesn't have the benefit of being KISS post-Frehley, when the band kept touring with Criss on drums, and Tommy Thayer on lead guitar. They were all in makeup, and like Van Halen, had 3/4 original members.

Now GN'R could still be GN'R and tour with pretty much anybody, as long as Axl & Slash are there, very similar to The Who with Roger Daltrey & Pete Townshend. Although Aerosmith has never broken up, I firmly feel they could tour with replacement players and just Steven & Joe up front.

GN'R can do the same, but Axl & Slash will always be a requirement at this point. GN'R will not be able to pull a Foreigner, and go find a replacement guitarist or in Foreigner's case a replacement vocalist, and tour basically as the GN'R brand with one original member or less (eeek).

This band is too big, and Axl & Slash are too big of icons. Unlike members of Foreigner or even Journey. Axl & Slash will be involved in some form from this point to the end of the band.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

LOL... Nothing has changed 'cept the players.  .  It's still Axls show. especially where it matters most... On paper. 

I mean its nice he's splitting the cash from the tour 3 ways and a few bucks from a possible DVD release and all, but please stop with the delusion that this is anything different than what we've had the past 15 years.  At the end of the day Axl still owns the brand and all the other important stuff

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Nah... that ship sailed. Axl knows that now. No way is he gonna do this Rolling Stones Steel Wheels tour of NA, then tour around and turn GN'R back into Whitesnake, with just him and revolving guitarists ala Coverdale.

Label won't support it. Industry won't support it. He'd go down as the biggest heel + his legacy X forever.

Only way that Axl + players works again, is if a tragic death occurs like Slash dying and he keeps it going in their honor ala Alice In Chains.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Furbush wrote:
pacu44 wrote:

Same thing.

Hahaha... Furbush hittin' it three rows deep as always.

Always love when people play GN'R chess with these new Johnny Come lately Izzy/Steven-ites.

If it isn't GN'R without Izzy, then GN'R played their last show in the Fall of 1991.

Lomax wrote:

Well... yeah. Once Axl made that move, regardless of individual feelings... there's no coming back from this. Axl doesn't have the benefit of being KISS post-Frehley, when the band kept touring with Criss on drums, and Tommy Thayer on lead guitar. They were all in makeup, and like Van Halen, had 3/4 original members.

Now GN'R could still be GN'R and tour with pretty much anybody, as long as Axl & Slash are there, very similar to The Who with Roger Daltrey & Pete Townshend. Although Aerosmith has never broken up, I firmly feel they could tour with replacement players and just Steven & Joe up front.

GN'R can do the same, but Axl & Slash will always be a requirement at this point. GN'R will not be able to pull a Foreigner, and go find a replacement guitarist or in Foreigner's case a replacement vocalist, and tour basically as the GN'R brand with one original member or less (eeek).

This band is too big, and Axl & Slash are too big of icons. Unlike members of Foreigner or even Journey. Axl & Slash will be involved in some form from this point to the end of the band.

Yup.. This is it. Enjoy it.

And Axlin? I don't always hit homers, baby. We joined up around the same time. There was a time our rep points were about the same. You clearly be headed for The Hall around here. Me? Every once in a while, they toss me a meatball and I crank it the other way. tongue

There are purists that go further. My brother refuses to acknowledge them after Adler left. Even Izzy said they became something else when Sorum jumped on board.

To me, Frankie N' Fortus are the new Matt N' Gilby. If you think about it,Axl/Slash/Duff was the core back then too. This ain't no different.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You guys are going to take it hard when Slash quits again in 2018 and is replaced by Dough Aldrich wink wink

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Just wanna say, Axlin16, Steve Perry is pretty iconic. A Journey reunion tomorrow would rival GNR.

Board footer