You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

monkeychow wrote:
johndivney wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I almost cried. Seriously.

If you think that's bad you should see the puddle monkeychow is currently sitting in..

I wish I could give you karma for that. 100% true. Lol.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
johndivney wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

They're killing it on Coma. Where is Axl taking it from? And Slash is nailing all the old songs like he stepped out of the UYI tour yesterday.

Comeback.

His playing is better than in the illusion days I think.

Not sure if it's because he's sober, but he's been playing the best fiddle of his life the last few years.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Highlights for me.. obviously the whole show.. hahaha.   

Coma was a real treat.    So was the reworked Better and Chinese Democracy.     

Slash on Estranged.. OMG.    Slash on November Rain..  now, I always did enjoy Robin's take on that song.. however, Slash owns those solos and he really played them true to the album version.   It was a highlight for sure.

Wish you were here with Slash and Richard was super cool.

I know a lot are complaining about Axl's "Mickey" voice, but I think for a 54 year old Axl, you just can't expect him to sound like his 28 year old self.    He really did seem to be giving it his all.    Definitely had his moments of vintage Axl too.    He put on a great show.

My only complaint - I was so excited to see This I Love.. but really Robin's solo really fit that song.   I always had visions of Slash putting a better solo down in the song(and maybe he did back in the 90s), and I just re-watched the solo from tonight and really think it would be better to stay closer to how Robin did it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. Now that's how you play the song. They did take it back to its roots of 2001. They're killing it on the solos. I was worried as it got close to that.

They can handle it.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Stuff is starting to pop up on YouTube. This is a pretty listenable version of CD (sound quality wise): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYCYg-Iosk

[/embed]

Heh, I see the CD era GNR logo on the monitors...

Slash kills that solo too, wow!

This HAS to hit dimeadozen today... PLEASE!!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Slash on Estranged.. OMG.    Slash on November Rain..  now, I always did enjoy Robin's take on that song.. however, Slash owns those solos and he really played them true to the album version.   It was a highlight for sure.

Slash on Estranged was so sick. That last solo was maybe even better than on the album. Nailed NR too.

I know a lot are complaining about Axl's "Mickey" voice, but I think for a 54 year old Axl, you just can't expect him to sound like his 28 year old self.    He really did seem to be giving it his all.    Definitely had his moments of vintage Axl too.    He put on a great show.

Nobody can complain about any Mickey in this show. Some of songs Axl was near studio quality (as a 50 year old of course) and the rest he was good to very good. Putting on the performance of his life here.

My only complaint - I was so excited to see This I Love.. but really Robin's solo really fit that song.   I always had visions of Slash putting a better solo down in the song(and maybe he did back in the 90s), and I just re-watched the solo from tonight and really think it would be better to stay closer to how Robin did it.

Glad I'm not the only one. Perhaps my only disappointment.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

So, it was passable, then?

Coma, that's a left-fielder.

Mama's Good Boy

polluxlm wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one. Perhaps my only disappointment.

Yea it wasn't so much that it was bad.. it just didn't really fit the song as well as Robin's.     I guess I always had a picture of Slash playing that solo somewhat faithful to how it was recorded but adding his own spin to it.. now its completely different and I'm not sure it fits.

But what he does in CD and Better, I'd like to see the band re-record those 2 songs this way      Make em their own.

Mama's Good Boy

apex-twin wrote:

So, it was passable, then?

Coma, that's a left-fielder.

Coma was amazing.. from Slash and the band, to Axl's vocals.    One of the highlights for sure.   So surreal.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Board footer