You are not logged in. Please register or login.

onemanmambo
 Rep: 0 

Re: Axl Rose vs. Bruce Dickinson: who's the best?

onemanmambo wrote:

A new Youtube video is asking who is the best singer in the world: Bruce Dickinson or Axl Rose?

“Editing this video was painful as I had to leave out so much phenomenal material,” said the fan known as One Man Mambo.

The footage compares Dickinson and Rose since 1981.

The 15-minute video can be seen at http://youtu.be/ly4v-AJDPQM

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Prime Axl was better, but Dickinson kept his shit together over the years. I would give it to Bruce for how good he has been for decades.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I dunno, I love both, but Bruce Dickinson is more a traditional vocalist, and his voice is still so smooth.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Better front man? Axl. Better lead "singer" Bruce.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Axl a million times without hesitation. I consider Bruce/Iron maiden overrated. One of my cousins was a hardcore Maiden fan in the 80s and always think of him when I hear/read/see anything about them just like how people in my life always associated me with anything GNR related.

Wasted Years my favorite song by Maiden. Tattooed Millionaire was pretty good. There was a huge debate back then on whether this is about Axl, Nikki Sixx, etc. I always thought Axl.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Bruce dickinson hands down. He moves around the stage, jumps off of shit, and doesnt lose any power in his voice while doing it. I saw them on Saturday and i was fuckin blown away. He is like Dio in that his voice seems to get better with age. Very surprising considering he just dealt with throat cancer.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

James, I'm quite surprised you're not down with Iron Maiden. I think their new album is fantastic. It veers more toward my taste of prog, instead of classic BWOHM, maybe that's it.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James, I'm quite surprised you're not down with Iron Maiden. I think their new album is fantastic. It veers more toward my taste of prog, instead of classic BWOHM, maybe that's it.

The Book of Souls was great. The songs work really well in a live setting.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hmmm...Axl at his best is way better, Bruce is more reliable and consistent but then his songs are not as vocally punishing overall either. Both great though.

Lomax wrote:

Bruce is excellent. But that said the songs he writes are much ewasier to sing.

Axl could probably sing the entire Maiden set on their current tour without breaking a sweat.

But because Axl pushes himself to do the vocal weirdness he does, there's always that chance that his voice is going to just fuck up.

Muscly. I love Maiden but GNR are real rock n roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=az0vh4wm1ZA

Board footer